Thread: Level 6 :(

Smile Level 6 :(

There goes my NZ dream. I got my NZQA report and it says level 6 for my degree in computer engineering i completed in the Philippines. Also, it says in the NZQA report that, if i want to, I could go to IPENZ for recognition or something like that. My eyes got blurry with tears while reading the report. Anyways i just want to vent it out here. Maybe NZ is not for me. Oh well there are lots of windows in this life.

by any chance, do you have any idea if industrial engineering graduates still need NZQA even if im included in the exempted for qualification assessment?

Quote Originally Posted by CarlaAbanes View Post
    There goes my NZ dream. I got my NZQA report and it says level 6 for my degree in computer engineering i completed in the Philippines. Also, it says in the NZQA report that, if i want to, I could go to IPENZ for recognition or something like that. My eyes got blurry with tears while reading the report. Anyways i just want to vent it out here. Maybe NZ is not for me. Oh well there are lots of windows in this life.
    I am sure you will find a better place if you are fated not to fulfill this NZ dream. All the best for your future.

not sure i can help you on this one. let's wait for a few more inputs

Quote Originally Posted by pollock View Post
    I am sure you will find a better place if you are fated not to fulfill this NZ dream. All the best for your future.
    thanks much pollock

I was wondering what degree you have held and which colledge you have graduated from.

Normally, L6 is for a diploma, not for Bachelor's Degree.

NZQA gave a 'a qualification at level-7' but at one point my 120-point came down to 85-points in EOI, cause that qualification was not specific. I had to provide details of the University Syllabus, wrote many letters about how they're accepted in some NZ Universities and some comparisons... NZQA went through it and later gave me positive decision. Point is NZQA can make mistake by taking me as a Pakistani candidate where I clearly mentioned Bangladesh, NZQA need to be provided with details in some cases for accurate decisions.

In any case, best of luck with you next endeavors, like you said- lots of windows are there

Quote Originally Posted by autumn View Post
    by any chance, do you have any idea if industrial engineering graduates still need NZQA even if im included in the exempted for qualification assessment?
    Hi-

If your university is included in the exempt list, you can normally be exempted provided that you satisfy the year qualifications awarded listed in the exempt list. see details in appendix 3 of the operational manual for List of exempt. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/index.htm

Hi - sorry to hear the news. I have requested for IQA with the same degree (level 7), did you have a 5 year study?

If you have 4 years of bachelor degree , then you can try the appeal to nzqa, they do consider it and you need to make your case strong having given them all the details of your bachelor degree and courses etc.