Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EOI at 130 points

Default EOI at 130 points

hi all,

finally, I am able to post!!! I've been waiting for a while now to be allowed to post here since i have a couple of questions im hoping some of you guys could shed some light on. So here goes, my partner and i are planning to move to New Zealand with me as the Principal applicant since my qualification is in the absolute skills shortage. However, when we fill up the online EOI, we came up with only 130 pts. As i understand the process, i need to get 140pts to be automatically selected from the pool.
    what are the chances of being selected with 130 pts? are there anyone there who applied for residency but also have 130pts or below?

In the INZ site you can check the selection history for the last period and you can check your chances.

furthermore, aside from having a 130points in EOI, i have no job offer. Do i still have a chance to be selected? =(

Quote Originally Posted by autumn View Post
    furthermore, aside from having a 130points in EOI, i have no job offer. Do i still have a chance to be selected? =(
    http://formshelp.immigration.govt.nz...ts/default.htm
    As you can find in attached link chances (for 130 points) in 2013 in less than before. I was selected with same points in 2012. However, you still have to try to apply yours in the selection pool. In 2013 it happened once in April to go below 140. it may happen again. keep on. Best of LUCK.

thanks for the encouragement Khaled. I really hope i get selected.

another thing, we're still processing the passport of my partner, do we have to wait for the passport before submitting EOI or not?

Every fortnight the New Zealand Immigration Service has a number of cases that they can select. They work through the EOIs received, starting at the highest point scores, and working down the bands, until that fortnight’s quota is met. Post #18 here http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....ht=#post440482 explains how it works. Of recent times, the fortnightly quotas have been quite low, so that is why only high scores have been being selected. Since the quotas are based on an annual requirement, towards the end of each year there is a tendency for lower points scores to get selected as officials see they have some leeway to make up.

what are the chances of being selected with 130 pts?
    I did submin an EOI with 130 pts 6 months ago.
    I have 7 years experience, and my job is in the skill shortage list.

EOI will expire next week. It`s status is "submitted".

Quote Originally Posted by AntonescuM View Post
    I did submin an EOI with 130 pts 6 months ago.
    I have 7 years experience, and my job is in the skill shortage list.

EOI will expire next week. It`s status is "submitted".
    I see, but doesnt it mean that its no longer in the pool since its more than 6 months since you submitted your EOI?
    how come you only have 130 points when you already have 7 yrs work experience?

I see, but doesnt it mean that its no longer in the pool since its more than 6 months since you submitted your EOI?
    After 6 months of waiting in the pool one will have to re-submit, if one so chooses - as far as I know.

how come you only have 130 points when you already have 7 yrs work experience?
    Complex question... you will have to know in detail the way the INZ points calculator works to be able to see how and for what points are given.

After 6 months of waiting in the pool one will have to re-submit, if one so chooses - as far as I know.
    Yes, that's right. Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you on this round.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast