Thread: Can I claim points from my partner?

Default Can I claim points from my partner?

Im a bit confused if I am able to claim points for my partner since he is a Bachelor of Science in Commerce Major in Management graduate. if so, he need to be assessed by NZQA before we can claim points?

Yes you can but he must also pass the English language competence criteria (i.e. IELTS 6.5 min.)

thanks for your response.

but do i still need him to be assessed by NZQA before sending out my EOI?

Yes. you can get 20 points if your partner got NZQA assessment and passed IELTS with 6.5

Quote Originally Posted by khaled View Post
    Yes. you can get 20 points if your partner got NZQA assessment and passed IELTS with 6.5
    can we have the assessment done after EOI gets selected or not? do you have any idea how much it will cost for NZQA assessment?

If his qualification is not on the list exempt from assessment, you need to get the IQA to be certain you can claim the points. There's no point in submitting the EOI counting on those 20 points and then finding he gets a lower Level than you were expecting.

Here's where you find out all about the NZQA assessment. http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...r-immigration/ Regardless of what they say on that page, go straight for the IQA - the PAR is a waste of money, because it ONLY goes by the name of the qualification as listed, without investigating the content, length and depth of study, and the Level stated can change when the IQA is done.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    If his qualification is not on the list exempt from assessment, you need to get the IQA to be certain you can claim the points. There's no point in submitting the EOI counting on those 20 points and then finding he gets a lower Level than you were expecting.

Here's where you find out all about the NZQA assessment. http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...r-immigration/ Regardless of what they say on that page, go straight for the IQA - the PAR is a waste of money, because it ONLY goes by the name of the qualification as listed, without investigating the content, length and depth of study, and the Level stated can change when the IQA is done.
    Thank you J and M.