Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EOI at 130 points with NO job offer

Unhappy EOI at 130 points with NO job offer

I've reviewed the fortnightly selection process of NZ..so far, there are no one selected from EOI with 100 to less than 140 points and no job offer.

Does anyone think it as a waste of time and money to send my EOI having only 130 points with no job offer?

Would greatly appreciate any ideas from anyone especially those who's in the same situation as mine.

There is a better chance for anyone who can claim some bonus points as part of that total.

Hi Autumn,
    Actually it all depend upon how many people above 140 points or exact 140 points are applying every fortnightly.
    Consider a scenario out of 100% quota queue for SMC people with 170 points are 10%, 165 points are 20%, 155-150 points are 30% and 145-140 points are 60% (total 120%)
    so INZ will give preference to (170-150 points first and later remaining will be selected from 145-140 to fill the quota, whoever remaining will be selected for next fortnightly quota automatically) but if the quota is not filled then INZ will select people from 135 points later 130 points and so on but it might take time depends upon no of people applied. So definitely u need a patience but certainly not a waste of time.

EVERYBODY with 140 points or above, and also, EVERYBODY with 100+ points and a job offer, is selected, every fortnight. If any places remain in the fortnight's quota, that's when they do the top-down selection based on other criteria of those with <140 - see my post on your other thread.

Hi autumn, i agree to what JandM and zednic said. also this is a matter of timing when submitting EOI since we would not really know when will the EOI of less 140 without jo will be picked. I've been monitoring the fortnightly selection and unfortunately INZ is able to reach their quota for those with 140 pts and above and with those below 140 and with job offer. Not to disappoint you, just stating facts. Can you check if you can get any bonus points, this will add up to your chances.

Also, i suggest you start applying for jobs in nz, if you land a job your points will go beyond 140. Goodluck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by trevore View Post
    Hi autumn, i agree to what JandM and zednic said. also this is a matter of timing when submitting EOI since we would not really know when will the EOI of less 140 without jo will be picked. I've been monitoring the fortnightly selection and unfortunately INZ is able to reach their quota for those with 140 pts and above and with those below 140 and with job offer. Not to disappoint you, just stating facts. Can you check if you can get any bonus points, this will add up to your chances.

Also, i suggest you start applying for jobs in nz, if you land a job your points will go beyond 140. Goodluck to you.

Is it really 100% sure that if i get 140 pts, my EOI will be selected at the fortnight even if i don't have a JO but my skill is in the absolute skill shortage?

Quote Originally Posted by autumn View Post
    Is it really 100% sure that if i get 140 pts, my EOI will be selected at the fortnight even if i don't have a JO but my skill is in the absolute skill shortage?
    Hi, Have you claimed the points for your wife considering you are married. Bcz if she have done atleast Bachelors, then she can give you 20 points which will bring you at 150 Points.

Quote Originally Posted by afmamoon View Post
    Hi, Have you claimed the points for your wife considering you are married. Bcz if she have done atleast Bachelors, then she can give you 20 points which will bring you at 150 Points.
    does my partner still need IQA for me to get the 20 points?

Yes you will be selected automatically if you get 140 points, assuming that everypoints claimed are valid.

For your partner, if qualification is not in the exempt list, yes there is a need for IQA. Take note that you and your partner should be living together for a minimum of 12 months, with enough evidences in order to satisfy that your partnership is not for convenience of getting the bonus points.

does my partner still need IQA for me to get the 20 points?
    Yes, as trevore said, unless her qualification is in the INZ list as being exempt from assessment, she'll need an IQA done, and she will also need proof of ability in English (IELTS at an average of 6.5, or one of the alternative proofs).

And yes, with a minimum of 140 points, an EOI will be selected at the very next draw.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast