Thread: What is the fastest way to replace a lost UK passport in NZ? Same day?

Default What is the fastest way to replace a lost UK passport in NZ? Same day?

Hi.

Is it possible to complete a fast track UK passport replacement either at the Auckland or Wellington British Embassys or anywhere in NZ? Like in the UK where you can get a passport on the same day

I'm in a tricky situation at the moment, my working holiday visa expires in September and I need to get my Work visa application in ASAP but I've lost my passport (need it for the chest x-ray & application).

I've spent ages on google trying to find answers but I'm going around in circles.

Thank-you

All I've found online is this. https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

There are contact details for the High Commission here https://www.gov.uk/government/world/...ion-wellington, so I suggest you phone them to ask if there is any way to fast-track replacement.

Thank-you. That is unfortunately all that I could find on the net as well. Work have kindly let me have today off to go into Queen street to try to sort it face to face. I'll post up what is said for anybody wishing to know themselves or for future search results.

How did you get on? I badly need a renewal as well for travel in 4 weeks, but I need to get it off to the Russian Embassy as well for a visa. Any updates you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

I renewed a British passport last year in Wellington and it took 10 days. If it is an emergency I would contact the high commission and see what they say.

Great Thanks. If it comes in 10 days that will be fine, then 3-10 for the Russian visa, I would be ok. As long as I don't have to transfer my Residence Visas straight away. Surely they would let me back in on a temporary 6 month visa anyway being a British Citizen.