Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I put my passport in the washing machine :(

Default I put my passport in the washing machine :(

3.jpghaay guys accidentally i forget my passport in my short and put it in the washing machine it is fully washed ,then my wife surprised with the fully wet passport i used my fan to make it dry , it is in good case now and i went to the passport office in the airport in my country and asked them about the passport and they confirmed that it is ok , the issue is the NZ visa got two yellow spots as in picture but in overall it is ok , i don't know what to do.
    Note : this is a new passport i have just traveled one time with it.
    Kindly please advice
    Last edited by monmon_kng; 3rd August 2013 at 06:35 AM.

If your passport office there says it is all right, I think you can trust their opinion. That is all fully legible, and the discoloration doesn't obscure anything. I bet all immigration officials have seen passports in far worse condition than this.

(And I bet you'll be checking your pockets obsessively after this...)

I guess you can just tell the immigration at the airport about what happened if asked, if you will be using the same passport since you were allowed by your passport office to still use it.

When i went to auckland, the immigration didn't actually looked for my visitor visa, she just scanned the frontpage, the one with identification and then she just put an arrival stamp.

As Trevore experienced many airlines use advanced passenger screening, so they confirm for Immigration that you have a visa and forward the details to Immigration NZ before you leave the airport. Therefore Immigration just scan your details page and all your information appears on their system.

thank you guys , i emailed my case officer yesterday and he wasn't there and auto mail replayed with another officer , then i emailed the other officer he was some kind rude and he asked me to make a new passport and send it to transfer visa then after along discussion he was little nerve and told me that i have to transfer the visa to another page on the same passport and pay the fees as he cancelled my old one !!!!!
    guys can he really cancel my visa ???
    it seems to me that the visa is ok and i can use it like this .

So, the office that issued the visa says they've cancelled it but you don't believe them, is that it? I suppose you could travel halfway around the world and try to enter the country on the strength of your disbelief -- personally, I wouldn't.

I went travelling for a few years and often I would keep my British passport in the back pocket of my jeans. After a couple of months the gold embossing had come off and it was looking well battered. But it was still accepted at various borders without a hitch.

You will be fine!

Quote Originally Posted by monmon_kng View Post
    thank you guys , i emailed my case officer yesterday and he wasn't there and auto mail replayed with another officer , then i emailed the other officer he was some kind rude and he asked me to make a new passport and send it to transfer visa then after along discussion he was little nerve and told me that i have to transfer the visa to another page on the same passport and pay the fees as he cancelled my old one !!!!!
    guys can he really cancel my visa ???
    it seems to me that the visa is ok and i can use it like this .
    Well, I would have just left it as it was, looked good enough to me and I am sure it looks better than some other, well- used passports. But since you decided to open a can of worms with INZ I would definitely believe what the case officer said!

Quote Originally Posted by sks View Post
    So, the office that issued the visa says they've cancelled it but you don't believe them, is that it? I suppose you could travel halfway around the world and try to enter the country on the strength of your disbelief -- personally, I wouldn't.
    i wouldn't too friend , it's just a matter of time because am traveling after 3 days

any body know how long it takes in Dubai branch to transfer my visa ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast