Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you buy your sheets /bedlinen from?

Default Where do you buy your sheets /bedlinen from?

Recently 2 sheets have worn through, albeit after about 3 years use. I like Egyptian cotton sheets with as high a thread count as I can find, but these latest ones clearly didn't wear well. I don't think I wash sheets excessively or sleep in an odd way that would make them war out quickly , so I'm a bit surprised they haven't lasted longer. They were bought from Briscoes.

I'm interested where other people buy their sheets from?

Marks & Spencer UK. Delivery to NZ and Australia is free at the moment and sheets are on sale (and even with no discount, they are cheaper and of higher quality than you are likely to find in NZ).

Farmers, on sale. Although I do have to admit that I bought a couple of duvet sets from John Lewis in the UK when they were on sale. What I found was that it is quite hard to buy reasonably priced and nice 100% cotton duvets here. They all seem to be a cotton/polyester mix.

My last lot I bought from Harvey Normans and they are 400's a bit on the expensive side but worth every cent. They have constant sales so you can pick up a bargain on occasions but not very often a sale on their plain sheets.

I have some really nice 600 thread count Egyptian Cotton sheets from Farmers. They were pretty reasonable on sale too.
    If you want really nice (and very expensive) linen, try Smith & Caughey's. They have brands like Sheridan and Baksana, etc. Sorry, I can't think of anywhere closer to Cambridge! Briscoes, Bed, Bath & Beyond, The Warehouse and Kmart stuff seems rubbishy to me.

I am interested to know if the folks on here buying UK linen still have UK beds and duvets as the sizes are different here.

We have recently bought a new King Size bed here and have had to buy all new linen to fit.

Actually that's a good point, we are coming from the USA and were thinking about bringing all our comforters and bed linens could anyone advise if the bed sizes in the USA are the same specs as in NZ, I know that UK to USA are different. We have several king sizes.

I know that UK bed sizes are different in that a king in the UK is a queen in NZ

Here's an old post that will give you the measurements of NZ bed sizes. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....934#post283934

Perfect thanks !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast