Thread: How does cultural transition affect your identity?

Default How does cultural transition affect your identity?

Kia ora and hello Everyone,

My name is Agnes Szabo and I'm a PhD student of the Centre for Applied Cross-Cultural Research, School of Psychology at Victoria University of Wellington.

I would like to invite you to participate in my study that is part of my PhD research.

In this research I’m looking at how cultural transition affects people’s identity. When moving to another country we have to deal with a lot of challenges in our everyday life. Experiencing and learning new cultures, values and societal norms can be very exciting but at the same time both socially and psychologically demanding. As an immigrant myself I’m also experiencing this process. This is why I find it important to better understand how people living abroad cope with difficulties, learn and gain information in a new culture, and most importantly develop their identity during cultural transition.

If you decide to participate in this study, it will take approximately 30 minutes of your time and it will help us to gain a deeper insight into the identity processes of people in multicultural contexts.

In addition to your invaluable contribution to cross-cultural research, you will also have the chance to go into a lucky draw for five $100 Amazon vouchers.

To complete the following survey you must:

-have been living in the host country for no longer than 2 years

-be at least 18 years of age

To participate in this research, just visit:

http://vuw.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5u9Jjc8ymvM5Sw5

I would greatly appreciate your participation in this study. And please PASS THIS LINK ON to people you know and who might be interested in participating (e.g., partner, family, colleagues, or friends). So even if you don’t qualify yourself for participation, you can still help me out. Anyone can participate who meets the sampling criteria.

Thank you so much for your help!

Agnes

hello,
    I have been living here for longer than 2 years so can't help, but good luck with your research. Have you sent this to the language learning centre at Victoria as well? And places like the Goethe-Institut and Alliance Francaise? They might be able to find you some people who have arrived recently.

All the best.