Thread: Bringing miniature liquors to NZ

Default Bringing miniature liquors to NZ

Hi guys, i have some questions about bringing miniature liquors to NZ. I currently have about 20 pcs of them with different brands. I have the following questions,

1. Is it ok for me to bring them with me and have them included in my checked in box?
    2. Will customs charge me for these items even if they are for personal display and not consumption? I've read some old threads regarding bringing in of collection of wines, and they were not charged by customs. I'm not quite sure if there are new regulations for this.
    3. I asked a company if i can just include these for the items i will be shipping through them and they told me that there was an instance of the same items ( miniature) ship and later the owner was charged by customs.
    4. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am very much aware of the guidelines for regular liquors that are exempted, meeting the maximum allowable content, etc, etc. but in my case these are collection and for display only.

Thanks.

Does it matter to Customs if the liquor is for display or consumption? I brought a couple of regular size bottle of liquor. I declared it on my paperwork and safely unpacked it in NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Dell View Post
    Does it matter to Customs if the liquor is for display or consumption? I brought a couple of regular size bottle of liquor. I declared it on my paperwork and safely unpacked it in NZ.
    Yeah you're right it wont matter.. should i say i wont sell them in nz.

By the way dell, did you pay for duties and tax for the items you brought?

I didn't pay anything - but then I was an ex-pat Kiwi so I think I was exempt.

I don't think you have to say anything to Customs about whether or not the liquor is for display or drinking. Just declare it on your paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Dell View Post
    I didn't pay anything - but then I was an ex-pat Kiwi so I think I was exempt.

I don't think you have to say anything to Customs about whether or not the liquor is for display or drinking. Just declare it on your paperwork.
    I see, ok, so i will just do the same, declare upon arrival. This was also the advise of the person in the shipping company. Thanks for sharing this info.