Thread: Status change - Wife's Pregnant

Default Status change - Wife's Pregnant

Hello Folks,

Mine & my wife's Residency is under processing by Shanghai branch.
    My wife is now pregnant & the baby is due in early 2014.

At the time of application, my wife wasn't pregnant.
    I believe, we should inform our CO about this development. Any one had a similar experience?
    Does this development have any effect in processing times or application handling?

Appreciate your inputs on this. Thanks!

Congratulations!

Yes, by all means tell the CO. In due course, you will be able to get Residence for the baby, too - exactly what procedure you have to go through at that point will depend on what stage your case is at when the baby is born.

If the baby is born before the CO finishes processing your case, you will need to get a birth certificate and passport for him/her, then add him/her to your application, and he/she will get Residence along with you and your wife.

If you have got Residence, but the baby is born before you travel to NZ, you will have to get him/her a birth certificate and passport, then travel with him/her as a visitor, then apply for Residence for him/her as a dependent child of Residence holders.

If you get Residence, travel to NZ, and the baby is born in NZ, he/she will be a NZ citizen.

And no, the fact that there is a baby on the way won't make any difference to the timing of your case, nor do they treat it any differently.

Thanks JandM!

Hi there,

I had the same situation, after lodging my application i got pregnant and just informed my CO via email. He than asked us to wait till the baby arrives and after my delivery. I again informed my CO for baby's birth than he asked for documents Birth Certificate, Passport, medical certificate and photographs. So no need to worry abt just wait fingers crossed.

Thanks Parus.
    So it means, if the CO does ask to wait, it will mean a longer wait period.

How much time did it take for your processing after your baby was born.

I think whether or not the CO asks you to wait will depend on how far along the pregnancy is, and how far along the application is. If your application is nearly dealt with, the CO might be quite happy to finish things off, and let you deal with the baby's situation afterwards.

Im my case im still waiting for CO to break good news to us
    the waiting situation depends on the timings either the delivery date of ur wife comes first or completion of ur application. which ever will come first CO will inform you accordingly.