Thread: residency application

Default residency application

hello there,
    i want to apply for my residency, my pay rate is $15 working as a Baker. but i have a doubt that is i have only 6 month experience as a baker, but i have also worked as a kitchen hand (9 month ) as a part time during my course of studies. can you please help me by advising that can i apply for residency ?
    Last edited by Rawat; 8th August 2013 at 12:48 PM.

Looking at the Essential Skills lists http://www.immigration.govt.nz/templ...ACHEHINT=Guest and entering 'baker', I find this.

Baker (351111)
    ...and the qualifications needed are these...
    National Certificate in Baking (Craft Baking) (Level 4) OR National Certificate in Baking (Inshore/Franchise) (Level 4)
    But this is on the Immediate Skill Shortage List, which is NOT the one which leads on automatically to Residence. As it says on that page...
    The Immediate Skill-shortage List (sometimes referred to as ISSL) includes occupations where skilled workers are immediately required in New Zealand. It facilitates the approval of temporary work visa applications. If you apply for a work visa based on an offer of employment in an occupation that is included on the Immediate skill shortage list and you meet the requirements specified in the list, Immigration New Zealand will recognise there are no New Zealand citizens or residents available to take up the position. This removes the need to conduct a ‘labour market test’, enabling faster processing of the application.

If you are granted a work visa based on an occupation on this list, then you can only stay in New Zealand temporarily. You won’t necessarily be able to apply for residence.

Thank you for your response sir,

but the thing is that i am working with the Bakers who got residency, they came here on holiday job visa and applied after a year of experience,
    They were not having any NZ qualification of cookery or baking.

So what was the case with them ?

can you please clear this doubt sir.

Thank you

I

If the employer possibly proved (through advertising the vacancy etc) that there were not better qualified people available, they may have been able to gain work visas from Immigration.
    Recently this process has changed to include confirmation from Work & Income that they do not have people who could fill these type of jobs.

If they have a foreign qualification which is on the same level with the NZ ones mentioned, that is fine.

The content of these essential skills lists can change each year. The authorities look around the job market in NZ, and put those jobs on the various lists according to where there are shortages at that particular time. It may be that whenever your colleagues came, 'Baker' was at that time on the Long Term Skills list, which is the one that entitles a person to apply for Residence. (Have you asked these people about these details?)

Don't despair - it's possible that the lists will change again.

Thank you for the help sir,

hopefully i get work visa

thank you once again