Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand would be perfect if...

Default New Zealand would be perfect if...

Ground rules for this thread:

1) Pick one thing you would change about NZ if you could
    2) The thing you change in #1 cannot be something that brought you to NZ

Example: I cannot say "If only it rained less" because one of the reasons we moved here is because it is so unbelievably green.

I also cannot say: "If only people were in a little more of a hurry to get things done" because I left California because everyone was in a rush.

Here's mine: I wish there were more vegetarian options in the supermarket. Around here, it's pretty much veggie burgers (that aren't very good) and tofu.

...people stopped fighting over their different versions of "perfect".

Quote Originally Posted by 72andsunny View Post
    Here's mine: I wish there were more vegetarian options in the supermarket. Around here, it's pretty much veggie burgers (that aren't very good) and tofu.
    Are we allowed to flame each quote as we go along?

I am not sure what supermarket you shop at, but all the ones I have been to have pretty comprehensive (seasonal) fruit and veg departments. There is plenty of rice, pasta, noodles and legumes. They even have frozen vegetables in the freezer section. And bread as well!

Do you mean pre processed food? Like Quorn? We are not vegetarians, but we eat a lot of vegetarian dishes, mostly stir fry's or pasta.

If I could change one thing it would the length of goverment terms between elections. Three years is too less IMO.

Get rid of the possums and the predators that prey on native birds.

Quote Originally Posted by jawnbc View Post
    ...people stopped fighting over their different versions of "perfect".

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcombers View Post
    Are we allowed to flame each quote as we go along?

I am not sure what supermarket you shop at, but all the ones I have been to have pretty comprehensive (seasonal) fruit and veg departments. There is plenty of rice, pasta, noodles and legumes. They even have frozen vegetables in the freezer section. And bread as well!

Do you mean pre processed food? Like Quorn? We are not vegetarians, but we eat a lot of vegetarian dishes, mostly stir fry's or pasta.

If I could change one thing it would the length of goverment terms between elections. Three years is too less IMO.
    Sure, flame away. I'm in Hawke's Bay; fruits and vegetables are not a problem (or at least they are not for most of the year). I had never heard of Quorn until you mentioned it. I'm a little bit frightened now.

I was never great at being a vegetarian (I started doing it for health reasons), which led to occasional cravings for unhealthy foods I did not want to be eating. Enter meat substitutes--soy based products became very popular in the US in the 1970s. Here's some fake bacon: https://www.morningstarfarms.com/pro...e-bacon-strips

For those averse to soy, there are all kinds of other products. I've had hemp burgers that were better than the real thing.

Anyway, not eating meet seems to be against the national religion, and accordingly even the health food stores (at least in Hawke's Bay) have little selection.

Smile

Anyway, not eating meat seems to be against the national religion, and accordingly even the health food stores (at least in Hawke's Bay) have little selection

....and the health food stores in Wellington are very very expensive (but to be fair, they tend to be expensive everywhere, captive audience and all that).

Back to the thread, NZ would be perfect if it was a suburb of London (-:

the country has better roads. i could live with the lack of cuisine choices in nz.

People learnt how to drive...

Good Mexican food restaurants in every town.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast