Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What do you find less expensive in NZ?

Prescriptions compared to the UK.

To be honest, I find most other things way more expensive, so much so that I've pretty much stopped comparing. We've imported a 2nd hand car for around 10k less than we could buy it here, including shipping and GST...

Quote Originally Posted by aberdian View Post
    We've imported a 2nd hand car for around 10k less than we could buy it here, including shipping and GST...
    It must have been a European car. I imagine that A Japanese model would have been much cheaper in NZ, especially if you include shipping & GST in the calculation).

...raising

California raisins are cheaper in Kerikeri than in Arizona, neighbouring state to California.

I'm afraid we've become forgiving when looking at prices! E.g., accepting $1.99 for a 1kg bag of jasmine rice is cheap. Or $99 for internet is cheap. Or $250 for electricity is acceptable.

Not. not. not! I guess over time you'd get used to comparing prices before you buy. Certain things can be cheaper in certain stores.

Or checking on Trademe first before buying at to the store. E.g., $5 for 1kg epsom salt on trademe vs. $9.99 for same in Bunnings.

medical treatment - infertlity treatment (about 2500 Euro, Zlin Czech rep), dental implants procedure (probably Hungary, doing own research now and waiting for the list of clinics from dentalimplantsfriends), raising

Good coffee was surprising a bit cheaper. If I recall comparing a 1/2 kilo was the same numerically as 12oz bag in the US. Given the size difference and currency that was a deal (comparing Havana coffee to Stumptown)
    Anything "ethnic" I can get from a bulk importer/shop specializing in a certain cuisine.
    Insurance of ANY type. You don't need health/auto insurance, but you can get it.

Cars actually weren't bad imo. I think I swapped a 96 subaru & 97 toyota for a 99 mazda with far lower miles

Fruits and veggies, especially if you go for in season and/or markets.
    Wine(possibly a step down in quality

Low quality goods actually are about on par with the US. If you want a throw-away hand mixer for $10, you'll find it. It's when you want a stand mixer that'll last 20 years that you'll feel the pain.
    Last edited by sea-wlg; 27th December 2016 at 07:43 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456