Thread: Where to settle in New Zealand?

Default Where to settle in New Zealand?

Since were planning to move to New Zealand, we wanted to know where's the best place in New Zealand to to live considering the cost of living to be not so expensive but with lots of career opportunities for us. Can anyone give their thoughts on which city can give the best of both worlds?

I would think it is mostly either/or, and for reasons. But it probably depends on your career, and what you consider lots of opportunities, and what you consider expensive.

Most jobs will always be in the bigger cities, which are more expensive than somewhere more rural.

Daniela

I agree with Daniela. It all depends on where you can get a job really. If we could live anywhere it wouldn't be Auckland, but we are here because of work. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwihusker View Post
    I agree with Daniela. It all depends on where you can get a job really. If we could live anywhere it wouldn't be Auckland, but we are here because of work. Good luck.
    Thanks Daniela and Kiwihusker. But i don't know much about the places in new zealand, if given a chance, where would you like to stay?

So much depends on personal preferences. And of course where you find work. What sort of career opportunities are you looking for? That would help people give you better advice.
    Lots online of course. Here is some good information about living in Wellington for example. http://live.wellingtonnz.com/page/home.aspx