Thread: Upakweship - anyone used them?

Default Upakweship - anyone used them?

We are currently researching getting a container from the USA to NZ and have come across a company called upakweshipThey offer the option of you loading the container yourself, or them doing it all, and also either door to port or door to door. They seem very competitively priced and have a lot of good reviews. Has anyone had any experience of their services. I looks like they are based in the UK but obviously have their links all over the world. Any info would be appreciated
    Last edited by annielobo; 15th August 2013 at 11:02 AM.

We're also looking into half a container's worth of household stuff, Denver to Nelson. Where are you and where are you shipping? Our ship date is late October/

Pomona, did Upakweship give you an estimate of shipping time from Colo to NZ? My son and his family are using them from N.Arizona to NZ but there's no mention on the quote of shipping time. Thanks.

Default Denver to Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by Dell View Post
    Pomona, did Upakweship give you an estimate of shipping time from Colo to NZ? My son and his family are using them from N.Arizona to NZ but there's no mention on the quote of shipping time. Thanks.
    We haven't yet settled on a shipper, but the companies we spoke with in Denver are not interested in shipping less than a container of household goods. We will have 1/3 to 1/2 container. We are located in south-central Colorado. Where is your son shipping from? Where to? What's your timing?

Thanks for your quick reply. Son and family are shipping a container (probably 40') from Northern Arizona to Auckland to Warkworth. They're hoping to pack the container around the last week in November.

I shipped a 20' with Rainier last year. It left my N. Arizona home (Sedona) on Oct 18, the container ship left Long Beach around Oct 27. It was originally scheduled to arrive in AKL around Dec 3, but I think its actual arrival date was Dec 8th. (My Rainier invoice was about U.S$10,700 plus I paid another $400-$600 for storage in AKL as I didn't close on the house until mid-January.

We need our things to arrive in Nelson in December, so sharing a container won't work. Good luck to your son and family. A forty foot container is a big move.

They're hoping to bring a pop-up camping trailer with them - which is why they'll have a 40'. Good luck with your move. Nelson is a nice area! Lots of sun.