Thread: Sharing container shipments to nZ

Default Sharing container shipments to nZ

Hello everyone

Does anyone have any advice for me? I have lived in NZ for 15 years now, and have just been gifted 2 small pieces of furniture by my parents in the UK which I would love to get to NZ, but shipping prices seem rather exorbitant.

Has anyone had any experience finding anyone who is shipping a container over and adding their stuff and chipping in a bit for the container? If so, how would you go about finding such people.

What I have is no more than half a cubic metre - but they want about 500 quid just to ship it, let alone the import fees and MAF fees. It's kerrazy!

Many thanks.

Who's 'they', and how were they proposing to ship your furniture? (Just so we don't waste time recommending someone you've already found wants to charge you through the nose.)

We have heard of people looking for a space in someone else's container on the forum, usually by making a post such as you just have, but with the added information of which part of the UK the whatever-it-is is currently in.

Edited to add, as luck would have it, I've just had a phone call from my son, who has shipped various things, and he said to try Schenker. http://www.logistics.dbschenker.co.u...rt/quotations/

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Who's 'they', and how were they proposing to ship your furniture? (Just so we don't waste time recommending someone you've already found wants to charge you through the nose.)

We have heard of people looking for a space in someone else's container on the forum, usually by making a post such as you just have, but with the added information of which part of the UK the whatever-it-is is currently in.

Edited to add, as luck would have it, I've just had a phone call from my son, who has shipped various things, and he said to try Schenker. http://www.logistics.dbschenker.co.u...rt/quotations/

Hi. "They" are the relocation / shipping companies I have tried so far - Anglo Pacific, Pickfords etc. It was going to be by sea in a mixed container.

It is currently in Mid Sussex near Haywards Heath. Thanks - I will try the company you have mentioned, but if anyone else has any ideas, I would be most grateful.