Thread: Carpet cleaning - hire a rug doctor or get a professional in?

Default Carpet cleaning - hire a rug doctor or get a professional in?

Has anyone here used a Rug Doctor? Would you recommend it or not?
    Or have you used a professional carpet cleaning company you'd recommend or tell me to avoid? I'm in Tawa, Wellington.
    I've found a couple of websites for carpet cleaning companies and they say, understandably, that they charge extra for moving furniture that is heavier than a chair or a coffee table. However, they give no indication of how much they might charge for this and I have two very heavy sofas. I also want the bedrooms done and that would mean moving the beds.

You are entitled to get an itemised quote from any company that you employ. My only advice is make sure the carpets are in good condition before having them cleaned, when I had mine done I was surprised at just how much pile was removed.

Thanks. They are not in great condition - but I can't afford to replace them just yet.

Perhaps it might pay to get carpet cleaner and clean them yourself.Not much of a job I know.

Hmm, have decided to go the professional route. Now the question is 'steam clean or chem dry?'