Thread: Need 2 Bhk house in Lower Hutt or Petone in wellington

Default Need 2 Bhk house in Lower Hutt or Petone in wellington

Hi All,

I am New to wellington and work in wellington CBD.

I am looking for a 2 bed room house or apartment in Lowerhutt or Petone which must be fully furnished and close to bus route , to my potential i can pay up to 300 $ PW MAX. I am looking for this accommodation from OCT 1st week. Please let me know if some one has any idea .

Thanks
    Dilip

Furnished 2brm units near the central city usually rent for 4-600/wk. Unfurnished 2brm units often cost over $300, even in the suburbs.
    Some suburban areas may be slightly less than than $400/wk though some may be very cold and damp. The best I could find close to $300 per week was in Tawa @ $335/wk.

When looking at rentals, be aware the definition of 'furnished' can vary widely.

Have you looked at trademe recently? You might need to look in some other areas as well....What I did was go to WCD on railway ave and buy a Nissan Serena van on zero deposit full finance. Larger cars seemed cheaper at the time. You can furnish the place quite economically. I know it looks like a big hassle initially but trust me you will get used to it. I was fortunate that I did get some furniture shipped over from Bangalore. All the best.

Another option is opting for PG accommodation. Trademe.co.nz has listings for it under 'Flatmate wanted'. It will be ideal, in case you are going to stay alone. You would be in no hurry to find a rental, and will have ample time to look for one which fits your budget and requirements.

thanks all for the ideas