Thread: Could someone please do me a favour?

Default Could someone please do me a favour?

Could someone in NZ with a Trade Me account please PM me? There is a house I am drooling over and would like to get in contact with the landlord but as it's a private let I cannot view his contact details without an account, and I cannot register for an account from overseas, as we're not in NZ yet. (Even putting in a work address it is not sending the confirmation emails through to me - I've tried everything, meh). So if someone could view it for me and let me have their contact details that would be amazing, please-and-thank-you! :-)

If you contact the authorities of TradeMe and explain that you're about to be in NZ, sometimes they will let you have a limited account in that situation - ability to view, but not to bid.

Thanks for the tip, I have emailed them to ask - fingers crossed! I have also had someone pm in response to this now so no need for anybody else to worry about it - thanks! x

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moly View Post
    Thanks for the tip, I have emailed them to ask - fingers crossed! I have also had someone pm in response to this now so no need for anybody else to worry about it - thanks! x
    They're real sticklers about it. I created an account with my then future employer's address, and they flagged it because it was created from a foreign IP address. No message or anything, just completely blocked the account. Then, when I landed in NZ, I gave them my new IP address, and they still weren't interested. It's ridiculous. I wrote them a letter saying that they were really making life complicated for migrants and they should have some kind of appeal process.

The whole thing is a real turnoff. An elitist club for classified ads. Seriously, get a life.

The reason foreign IPs are blocked is to avoid trolls, time-wasters, etc. for NZ users. The blocking is an automatic process, so every attempt isn't scrutinized, but instead, just happens.

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience. As I mentioned just before, many forum members have instead had a helpful response from the TradeMe controllers when they approached asking for some special treatment before arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by A.C. Slater View Post
    They're real sticklers about it. I created an account with my then future employer's address, and they flagged it because it was created from a foreign IP address. No message or anything, just completely blocked the account. Then, when I landed in NZ, I gave them my new IP address, and they still weren't interested. It's ridiculous. I wrote them a letter saying that they were really making life complicated for migrants and they should have some kind of appeal process.

The whole thing is a real turnoff. An elitist club for classified ads. Seriously, get a life.
    Absolutely the opposite experience. Emailed their support, given limited access immediately and was "upgraded" to full access when I got here. They couldn't have been more helpful and pleasant. You can always get a poor agent anywhere. The advice is usually HUATA - or hang up and try again

Default I have a trademe account if you would like me to find out the info you want!

I am happy to help if you want to get in touch!