Thread: Getting home then back again.

Smile Getting home then back again.

Hey,
    Just wondering if anyone had any information that might help me. I'm an Irish citizen and I was traveling NZ on a working holiday. I met and fell in love with a kiwi. We planned to travel OZ together when my visa was up. The month before it was up he got assulted on the way back from The Feelers concert.He suffered a cracked skull and also needed metal plates put into his cheekbone as it was completly smashed. We spent 12days in hospital getting flown to Wellington and back for operations. After the hospital it was a long road to recovery. Frequent rehad visits for his head. So i ended up over staying my visa to look after him. Because i couldnt work with my visa expired and he couldnt work with his injuries we ended up spending a big chunk of our combined savings just to survive. After 4 months he was better and got a job to save for tickets out of the country. During this time we got engaged and more recently found out I am pregnant.So our travel plans changed.We are going to go to Ireland so he can meet my family and we will also marry there. He wants the baby born in NZ. I dont realy mind as long as all the flying dosent damage the baby. Im 9weeks pregnant amd plan to leave for Ireland in 2weeks. Does anybody know how long or how hard it will be to get a visa to get back into NZ as we want to raise our family here. I overstayed a total of 8months. Any information or help would be so welcomed.
    Thanks,
    Sinead

Did you inform the Immigration dept. of your overstay and the reason for it. ? If not they won't look too kindly at another application so soon, I wouldn't think.

Hi
    This all depends on whether you have been sent a deportation notice

Persons under the age of 18 and overstayers who leave New Zealand voluntarily before being served with a deportation order are not subject to any ban. Otherwise, a person may be prohibited from entering New Zealand for two years, five years or permanently, depending on the reason the person was deported. In addition, a deportee cannot return to New Zealand at any time until he or she has repaid the costs of their deportation. The Minister of Immigration has the discretionary power to reduce or remove bans on returning to New Zealand, or reduce or waive any costs of the person’s deportation that are owed.

Please read the rest of this which you should find useful.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...eportation.htm

So as it reads if you leave of your own accord there is no ban

It doesn't come much better than that.

Just something else to think about...An EU passport may be more valuable to your child in the future than NZ. Not sure if you will be entitled to dual nationality/passports.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en...r_descent.html With an Irish parent, the child will be an Irish citizen wherever born, and being the child of a NZer born in NZ, will also be a NZ citizen.