Thread: Job offer received !

Default Job offer received !

Hi just wanted to update,after a lot more job applications finally received a job offer in CHCH yipee.Just wanting some confirmation here,as we had medicals in Jan for last job that fell through we are assuming they are now out of date and although the job offer is permenant,whats the best route to take,would you redo them here and apply for visa longer than 12 months or wait till we get there and redo them in NZ?Hopefully you can make sense of that

If you're submitting an application based on the offer of a permanent job, it's going to be obvious you're intending to be in NZ longer than 12 months, so you won't be able to get away with applying for a shorter-term visa.

Yes stupid of me I was just so frazzled with all the info on immiNZ site,anyways medicals booked for Monday so fingers crossed!

Remember not to do anything extreme in the leadup to the medicals - don't eat huge meals, drink too much (probably no alcohol, and not too much water either), and don't do intensive exercise. All these things can give readings outside the norms on the blood tests.

Hi there, Congratulations!! Re the medicals, it may be worth phoning immigration office in London, they are very helpful, and asking their advice, its a lot of money to pay out again. From a personal point of view, I think it may be easier to have all your paper work properly in order before going out, 12 months would pass very quick and it is certainly a lot of hassle doing applications etc. My husband was offered a contract for 3 years, and we were given the visa for 3 years. Me & 2 kids got out on the strength of his work. We are due to follow any day now, he has been there for 3 months.

What JandM said is completely right, I was dieting at the time, quite a harsh diet, and it knocked all my bloods out, very stressful time, thank god all sorted now.

Good Luckx

Hi and thanks for all the advice,we rang Immigration and they said yes we would need to do the medicals as its a perm job offer,just that we had them done in Jan so we didnt want to have to do them so soon again because of the expense 785 euro for 3 medicals and 3 chest xrays bad enough paying once but what can you do has to be done! You must be so excited to be heading out soon,where are ye going to be based?Is it Christchurch too?With regards to the paperwork I will want to work as well once our daughter is settled and I know she needs the student application,but is my application 1146 or 1198.We are gonna do the application ourselves as the quote we got from an Immigration advisor is 1,600 euro.....Crazy money so I hope we can sort through it all ourselves and will be looking for advise here.

You need to put in BOTH forms - 1198 is you applying for the visa, and 1146 is your husband supporting your application for the visa. You can send these forms, and your daughter's, all in together with your husband's application for his temporary work visa, with a covering letter linking them, then the CO will work it all as one case, supplying things (like his visa number) that you won't know to begin with, as they become available.