Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: concern about my resident application ..please help

Default concern about my resident application ..please help

Good evening

today i got letter from immigration . they have concern with my application .
    1) Market rate
    2) skill level of employment

i m working as a database admin and my annum package is 40,000. i have been working in company for more than a year
    case officer raised a question that he is not satisfied with my pay rate for my occupation . i also checked on trade me and seeks some companies offer 40,000 package and i also checked on www.career.co.nz . since i m from starting level i think i am satisfied with my package. since i dont have any experience in this field and i feel this is good package for freshers. i have been in company for over 1 years and i have no concern about my company. i am confused why officer raised this question as it is mutual understanding between me and my employer . plz help me what can i do in this matter

2) skill level of employment ..they are not satisfied with my job duties that i mention during my interview . they interviewed me over phone and in person
    but some of my job duties over phone conversation the missed it and didnt mention in letter . officer missed most of the important point that i mention during my interview over phone . kindly help me out what can i do now ?

officer give me time for two weeks to explain

it would be thankful to you friends

kind regards
    sunny

My personal thoughts:
    1) salary: show your case officer the market rate of your position honestly, and make comparasion with the same level position in your industry and vertically compare with senior level, and get a letter of support from your supervisor or senior manager, indicatinig your capability and your promising future if you can.
    2) skill: i have raised my concerns about the professionalism and capability/judgement ablitity when they assess the applicant's skill. case officers may not be experts in the labor market, but they my stick to the handbook or guide and challenage you. so if possible, you may seek skill assessment from New zealand or from Australia.
    hope everything goes well with you.
    best wishes.

When a CO sends you a letter like this, they're just following their guidelines, which tell them to raise matters which don't SEEM to fit the profile in some way. (They're not experts in everything, and will probably have a check-list saying that the salary for a skilled job is between $x and $y, even though averages are not true for all careers.) The request to give a response is honestly that - a chance to put your side of the situation, and set things right.

So about your salary, yes, show the references to prove that what you are getting is normal for your job and situation. (It isn't only your business - the 'market rate' is used as proof that you have a SKILLED job, as necessary for the visa.)

As to point 2), you say "but some of my job duties over phone conversation the missed it and didnt mention in letter . officer missed most of the important point that i mention during my interview over phone" - so you need to state this in your reply, repeating a very full list of your duties and responsibilities. You can also quote the description of your job given in the ANZSCO list, and demonstrate how your job matches up to what is there.

sunny would you tell us. is this salary you mention in NZ$. if though then you probably in NZ now and working then why you attend settlement interview with your CO. As per operational manual interview only for those who have no job/job offer in NZ.
    Would you clarify it. By the way when you attend your settlement interview and please share your timeline along your processing location...

thank you for reply

yes russel my salary mention in NZ$

would you share your processing branch and timeline?

you probably in NZ now and working then why you attend settlement interview with your CO. As per operational manual interview only for those who have no job/job offer in NZ.
    Settlement interviews are far from being the only kind of interview that happens. INZ officials have the right to interview people at any point in the application process in order to clear up any queries. In this particular case, evidently the CO was checking details of the job in order to make sure that it is skilled - s/he might equally speak to the employer on this point.

We have also heard of COs who interviewed previous employers about work experience, and when people are applying for partner-sponsored visas, there can be separate interviews of the partners (to see whether they say the same as each other), interviews of landlords or witnesses who have given letters of support, and even unannounced house calls (to make sure they are both living where they say they are).

thanks for your detail clarification JandM

thanks jandM for reply ...i would confirm i mention 6 or 7 job description but i answered like 5 correctly at my knowledge...during my physical interview i was busy at work and i give short answere but i guess officer not satisfied with my interview at my work but i m sure i explain everything on phone but they havnt write my phone answere,s...kindly suggest me what to do now ..it would be thankful to u

regards
    sunny

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast