Thread: Homestay for Resident Approved

Wink Homestay for Resident Approved

Hi,

Don't know whether my question is appropriate thread under this 'Living in New Zealand' title. I got Resident visa, one of the criteria to apply for Permanent Resident would be to live at least 2-years in NZ to be accepted by INZ.

Question is, if I take it easy, living in some homestay/farmstay places for good couple of months or may be a year before hitting the Job market for which I am actually given that visa; to enjoy those beautiful lifestyle of NZ, would it be any issues in terms of INZ acceptance to it? Or is it like WTR, to hit the job market right away to meet the acceptance for that PR?

Curious.

Thanks.

i don't think it will be a matter if you living and enjoying beautiful newzealand within 1 year or longer. for PR you should fulfill at least one of the five condition ... firstly live nz 184 days per year within last two year... all the best

If you have Residence, there is no call upon you to do anything in particular once you arrive in NZ. Full requirements for PR are given here (and as you will see, there is no mention of work). http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm

Thanks russel_705 and JandM for that reassurance, this is to clarify my position if I were to take it that easy. Best of luck to you russel_705, patience will pay.