Thread: Visit Visa of NZ when a skilled migrant application is already in progress.

Default Visit Visa of NZ when a skilled migrant application is already in progress.

Dear All,

As mentioned in my signatures; I have already applied for NZ Immigration which is still in progress. My other half had applied for her exam in NZ to be held on 22nd of NOV 2013 with the understanding that we will secure the visa until that time but it doesn't seem to happen in near future and we don't wanna loose that 2200 AUD fee we submitted for the exam. So now I am thinking about applying for the Visit Visa of NZ for her but have few queries.

1. If it is possible to apply for the visit visa of NZ when a skilled migrant application is in progress.

2. If the answer to above is 'YES', then how it can be done from Pakistan as there is no NZ consulate or Embassy here in Pakistan.

3. What would be the kind of this visa. A Visit Visa or a Business Visa or something else ?

3. What forms and documents would be required to secure a visit visa.

Regards,

I think your first action needs to be to explain to your CO about your wife's forthcoming examination, and ask whether it's likely that your Residence may be processed by then. (It's possible that a lot of progress has been made on your case without your knowledge.) You can add, if the processing will not be finished, will it be in order for you to apply for a visitor's visa for her to be able to sit the exam as planned?

I don't know of any objection to applying for a visitor's visa alongside your SMC application. There seems not to be any special category that 'sitting an exam' would come under. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...rs/default.htm See the instructions and details of forms given.

Use the Office and Fee Finder http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...or.htm?level=1 to know where to send your application.

Yes its possible to apply for a vistor visa while smc is pending. I visited nz while i have my smc application in progress. As long as you are able to prove to inz that you will leave nz prior your visitor visa expiration then, there will be no problem with that.

Just make sure you can be reached when your CO needs to contact you.

For the process, JandM mentioned the link on where you can send your application.

Thanks JandM and Trevora. I have send an email to my CO and from last 1 week there is no reply from her.