Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Approved :)

Default Approved :)

hey
    I got my AIP letter last week for my residency through partnership. I paid my migrant levy fee this week and send my passport back into the Hamilton branch. Does anyone know how long it takes to get your passport back with the blue stickers in it?
    It still doesn't feel real that I have been approved .... waiting nervously for my passport

I was also wondering does this mean when I get my residency I will be able to apply for schemes like kiwi saver and credit cards straight away ?

Congratulations!!

Many congratulations.

Congratulations

how long the process was?? can u please share when did u apply ?? will be helpful for me bcz i am also applying for residency through partnership soon

the process so far has been surprisingly quick. I submitted my application on the 6th August. 2 days later I had a letter saying my application had been received and that I would have a case officer within 2 months. However I was assigned one the next day. I got my AIP letter on the 17th August. Just waiting for my passport to be returned with blue stickers in now.

thanks for your quick reply. would u mind if i ask u did u apply after 12 months of living togther?? can u please share ur timelines?? did u had partnership work visa before??

I was just on a skills shortage work visa for 3 years and before that a 2 year working holiday visa. I applied for my partnership residency visa this year while I still had 10 months left on my current work visa.
    I did wait until we had been living together for 12 months before I submitted the application though. I spoke to people at INZ and was advised this was the best thing to do.

Thank you for the congratz Hopefully my passport arrives soon then I can stop worrying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast