Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Investors Visa

Default Investors Visa

Hello - We are new to the forum and are thinking of migrating to NZ. We have the required funds to opt for the investors visa and it seems our only option other than a business visa. I am 51 and my wife is 45 - I have good experience in building but my age seems to stop me applying for any other visa.

i wanted to ask if anyone knew what kind of 'business experience' the authorities want when assessing. I have well over 3 years but of late I have been investing my funds and not so actively involved in day to day events. The criteria seems quite vague and its hard to determine what they deem in the 3 years. Such as, is it last 3 years business experience or can it be at anytime in a career? What is proof of business experience?

Would be really grateful for any comments or advice or even suggestions of other ways to migrate to NZ. We are UK based with excellent English etc.

Many thanks

I suspect the vagueness is deliberate, to cover the different backgrounds people might have.
    As the Investor category allows people to come to NZ, invest in and successfully grow their business, if you can prove to Immigration you have this experience and your skills are reasonably current, i do not think you will have much problem there. Being a shareholder/investor/director of businesses may also be seen by Immigration as relevant business experience.

Thanks for the reply. Will look into it a bit further.

I have a friend about your age who just got a resident visa via the Investor category. According to the link below, you will require to invest a minimum of 1.5M into the financial market (ie. bonds, etc) for a period of 4 years. Check it out below :

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm

As the link Bulu mentioned says, there are a range of suitable investment types:

An acceptable investment means an investment that:

- is capable of a commercial return under normal circumstances, and
    - is not for the personal use of the applicant(s) (see What is meant by personal use of investment funds? below), and
    - is invested in New Zealand in New Zealand currency, and
    - is invested in lawful enterprises or managed funds that comply with all relevant laws in force in New Zealand (see Managed funds below), and
    - has the potential to contribute to New Zealand's economy.

So the funds could be invested with banks; bonds; equity/shareholding in NZ businesses (directly or via managed funds); or residential property development.

Hi there, there are some specific criteria about what constitutes 'business experience' and you need to be careful to provide sufficient evidence that your experience is at the right level in a business on a sufficient scale. That said, it should not matter if your experience is not particularly recent and you can be awarded points in a proportional basis. Also your age may not necessarily be a barrier under other categories so you may have other options. Happy to try and answer any other questions

Quote Originally Posted by Joellasarich View Post
    Hi there, there are some specific criteria about what constitutes 'business experience' and you need to be careful to provide sufficient evidence that your experience is at the right level in a business on a sufficient scale. That said, it should not matter if your experience is not particularly recent and you can be awarded points in a proportional basis. Also your age may not necessarily be a barrier under other categories so you may have other options. Happy to try and answer any other questions
    Thank you for all the replies, apologies for my late reply I was away.

I am just trying to assemble some past history etc. I really appreciate your offer Joellasarich

Will post some more in due course, just getting used to being back - makes me want to make it to NZ even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Joellasarich View Post
    Hi Joellasarich - I have viewed your profile, are you in a position to advise and possibly aid in any application? I am not sure how to message or get in touch if you are able to help.

All the best.

Make five posts on any thread, then the forum will automatically switch on your ability to send Private Messages. Give it twenty minutes or so, then if you click on the username over someone's post, you'll see PMing in the drop-down box.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Make five posts on any thread, then the forum will automatically switch on your ability to send Private Messages. Give it twenty minutes or so, then if you click on the username over someone's post, you'll see PMing in the drop-down box.
    Thank you for the advice
    Last edited by travellingenigm; 18th September 2013 at 09:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast