Thread: Immigration New Zealand-Manila, Philippines

Default Immigration New Zealand-Manila, Philippines

Hi everyone, im from the Philippines and planning to apply for an SMC visa in NZ. I've been reading a lot in this forum and found out that the visa processing from applicants in most asian countries are done in either Beijing or Shanghai Branch. I was wondering, since im from the Philippines and there is an immigration office here, is it possible that i can lodge my application here if eoi is selected? how will i know where to lodge my application?

Welcome to Immigration New Zealand Manila
    Image of people in meeting.
    We are a busy and dynamic workplace with 20 staff that aims to deliver fast and professional service to people planning on living, working, studying in or visiting New Zealand.

INZ Manila processes temporary entry visa applications, including visitor, student, work, and transit visas, for all applicants in the Philippines, Palau and Taiwan. We also process applications for transfers of resident visas, second/subsequent resident visas and permanent resident visas.

Applications made within the Philippines are received through the VIA Centres in Manila and Cebu whereas applications from Taiwan are accepted at the VAC in Taipei.

In order for you to receive timely and positive processing of your application, it is very important that you pay close attention to the information we have posted on our branch webpages, such as the lodgement requirements and checklists, and visa processing timeframes.

Temporary applications (Work, Visitor or Student) are processed in Manila, Residence applications (SMC etc) are usually processed in Shanghai.
    In either situation your application is sent to (lodged) with Immigration NZs Visa Application Centre in Manila or Cebu for temporary applications or Shanghai for Residence applications.
    Outside NZ, applications are now usually sent via a VAC rather than direct to an Immigration Branch.

Use the INZ website office and fees finder to know where you need to submit. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...calculator.htm

thank you eternalkiwi and JandM.

another thing, once your EOI gets selected, what would be the possibility of your residence application to be approved?
    do i understand it correctly that the EOI is some kind of 'pre-screening/pre-assessment' that once your eoi gets selected and it is likely to be approved considering that all claims are legit?
    or is it still a 50-50 chance your residence visa application will be approved?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    thanks for the info JandM. i see..so since shanghai branch processing time take about 3mos for CO to be assigned and another 12mos. for the processing of visa..that would equal to more than a year of waiting and not knowing.. =(

Yes.