Thread: 15 Months in and loving it here!!

Default 15 Months in and loving it here!!

G'day!!

Geeez where do I start?? We made the move over to NZ in June 2012 and so far we have no regrets. We absolutely love it here!!

I think I can go on about everything we have done, everything we have embraced but it is what you make it. We have found things to be cheaper in some ways and expensive in others but it balances out we think but to be honest we think we are quids in overall.

We have found when it comes to making friends you have to put yourself right out there, we took part in community activities, twilight sports - you name we have done it as a way of making friends and it has paid off even though we still feel new and we are still learning lots of new things. But no regrets.

We use our weekends to visit places we have not been to. We used to get out on our road bikes in UK but I have to say we have put them in the shed, now we both have bought mountain bikes and most weekends we are out trying new trail rides in different locations - the scenery of some of these are just beautiful.

I have a great job which is a family run business who happen to be POMS from Cornwall ha ha - never saw that coming but they are great and have they have been here 8 years!

Oh also we decided to start a family a little earlier than expected as we know NZ is definitely the place and I am now due next year with our own little Kiwi!! This is certainly the place where we will grow old. Life here is what you make it!!

We do miss our friends and family but with skype, facebook, emails and phone calls (Vodafone - 'pay as you go' on the tariff I am on only costs $2 to phone a land line for an hour and you don't have to top up a minimum so its great!!) We have got our first visitors coming from UK in November.... Eeeeek so exciting!!

I could make this a long post but I shall keep it short, if anyone has any questions then ask away and I will try and answer but moving to NZ really is the best thing we have ever done. Its coming to the end of winter and spring is around the corner but today it was 21 degrees - WOW

Anyone thinking about making the move and know what they are after then go ahead and take the leap - its worth every minute of it!!

Thanks for the update, and glad to hear all is going well for you.

It's so nice to read a lovely positive post for a change.
    Glad everything is working out so well for you and congrats on your forthcoming baby kiwi!

Great positive post and so true, life is what you make it. Congrats on a new Kiwi coming.

Thank you for the Congratulations!!

What is there not to love out here?

hi there,
    its sooo nice to hear something like this, as we have just posted off our visa forms so fingers crossed they come back with visas lol,
    if so and we get the go ahead were planning on getting there before christmas, we have 2 young children but really excited,
    were abouts do you live?
    my other half has a job linned up just south of auckland in a place called wiri so i am looking at suburbs near the beach so its in walking distance after school.
    so glad to hear how positve you are about the place

Quote Originally Posted by jacquena View Post
    hi there,
    its sooo nice to hear something like this, as we have just posted off our visa forms so fingers crossed they come back with visas lol,
    if so and we get the go ahead were planning on getting there before christmas, we have 2 young children but really excited,
    were abouts do you live?
    my other half has a job linned up just south of auckland in a place called wiri so i am looking at suburbs near the beach so its in walking distance after school.
    so glad to hear how positve you are about the place
    Hello jacquena,

Goodluck with your visa - be patient!! I shall keep my fingers crossed for you all. I think out here is what youmake it, you can have bumps inthe road its just how you deal with them!! We have no regrets whatsoever with the move. We live in Te Aroha about an hour and half away from you will be moving to!! Christmas is different from he UK and I think it will take a few years to get use to it being summer and not winter. I do miss the dark nights at Christmas and the festivity as its not the same but unique still having a Christmas dinner done on the BBQ in the sun. We made a sand man on the beach last year, not sure what we will do this year as I will be about 38 weeks pregnant How old are you children?
    If you would like any help with anything, advice with anything or would like to meet up once settled then just send me a private message!! Where abouts inthe UK are you coming from?