Thread: Lacking proof of work experience from previous employer

Default Lacking proof of work experience from previous employer

hi everyone, i need your advise on this. i have 6 years of work experience, i am connected with a multinational company from 4th year to present. My problem is my 3yrs work experience spent from previous employer. The owner of the company says that he can provide me with a certificate of employment and copy of my payslips since i was not able to keep a copy of this before (not anticipating my decision to apply for NZ). however, they cannot provide me with ITR or the Income Tax Return copy. would this be a problem? =(

Do i really have to provide all of these?

• References on company letterhead.
    • Pay slips.
    • Job specifications.
    • Tax records.
    • Letters of appointment.
    • Contracts.
    • Job assessments
    Last edited by autumn; 29th August 2013 at 09:05 PM.

No you don't need to provide all those documents.

What you have to do is provide enough documentary evidence that you meet the following...
    What evidence do I need to prove I have relevant work experience?
    To gain points for work experience you will need to submit documents that provide all the details
    below. You may need to submit several documents for one job to show all of the following information:
    • the position(s) you held; and
    • the dates you held the position(s); and
    • whether your employment in the position(s) was full-time (ie based on a 30-hour week) or parttime (ie based on less than a 30-hour week); and
    • the name and address of your employer(s); and
    • the relevance of your work experience to your current skilled employment in NewZealand or offer
    of skilled employment in NewZealand (if you have skilled employment); or
    Application for Residence Guide – Skilled Migrant Category - November 2012 – 11
    To achieve this, you will likely want to provide one or more of the documents listed.

Ian

See this old thread. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40604

You seem surprised at being asked for proof. This is the same for everyone. YOU know you're a good and honest person, but INZ don't know you or all the other applicants at all, and they don't take any information from anyone on trust.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    See this old thread. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40604

You seem surprised at being asked for proof. This is the same for everyone. YOU know you're a good and honest person, but INZ don't know you or all the other applicants at all, and they don't take any information from anyone on trust.

its not that im surprised at all, it's just that i thought that Certificate from employers and payslips would do, but while i was reading some threads here, i read one that the CO requested for tax record. what if i can't provide may tax record from my previous employer? in the absence of this, can i present that Business Tax Certificate of the company where i used to work to prove that the company is legit? though i'm not yet sure they will provide me with one. would that be a problem?

also, do i have to provide payslips from the start of my employment until the end? saying that since i work 3 yrs with a company i have to provide all payslips for the 36 mos. i've been with them?
    Last edited by autumn; 30th August 2013 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by autumn View Post
    its not that im surprised at all, it's just that i thought that Certificate from employers and payslips would do, but while i was reading some threads here, i read one that the CO requested for tax record. what if i can't provide may tax record from my previous employer? in the absence of this, can i present that Business Tax Certificate of the company where i used to work to prove that the company is legit? though i'm not yet sure they will provide me with one. would that be a problem?

also, do i have to provide payslips from the start of my employment until the end? saying that since i work 3 yrs with a company i have to provide all payslips for the 36 mos. i've been with them?
    Keep your email communication that your past employer is unable to give you a copy of you ITR.... Show this when asked by CO that you did your best to get the proof... Alternatively, you can provide a printed copy of your Social security contributions including the page that shows your employers, assuming you already have activated your online ss account. Goodluck.