Thread: another post about shipping companies and pets

Smile another post about shipping companies and pets

Hi everyone

I've just started posting on the forum so please forgive my amateur questions!

I've done a bit of reading of the other posts relating to shipping companies and pet companies. We're currently at the very early stages of obtaining quotes from various companies.

In terms of shipping we have PSS coming out to give us a quote in a few weeks. So far Anglo Pacific have not responded to 2 emails, which doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence in them. Obviously we don't want to limit ourselves to one quote so if anyone can suggest any other companies that you think it's worth getting quotes from that would be really useful.

Likewise with the pets (we're hoping to bring our 8 year old cat), we've got quotes from Airpets, Transfur and Golden Arrow. Can anyone suggest any other companies? Or what are your experiences of those companies? At the moment they all seem to be pretty similar in terms of cost, Golden Arrow have been the most comprehensive with their advice/information. Again, any help would be really useful.

Obviously we're only in the early stages of planning so any other tips would be useful.

Thanks everyone

Add Crown and Allied Pickfords for shipping and we used Golden Arrow they are brilliant and very comprehensive in what they do along with having a lovely place to board your pet before the shipping, we had our dog in their for all the tests and definitely worth the extra costs for them to do everything for you as it is one less stress to have with everything else that's going on. Good luck in your move.

we have just used PSS and got a free box to come airfreight up to 23kg, we also used Golden Arrow and could not sing their praises enough, the owners are a lovely couple based nr Ludlow in stunning grounds they had everything ticking like clock work we picked our dog up on Monday after 10 days in quarantine and he was a happy dog fit and well looked after, I also recommend if you are coming to Auckland QPS quarantine who were also very professional

We used Golden Arrow to fly 2 dogs and a cat to NZ in January 2010, so prior to the quarantine issue. The option of boarding our pets at Golden Arrow was invaluable to us, we dropped them off on the way to Heathrow, had a week travelling down from Auckland to Wellington, then they came a few days later once we had sorted things out.

I am sure your cat will be fine, our cat is much older and it didn't bother her in the slightest.

Thanks everyone - sorry for the delay in responding, not been on here for a while but back now!

Useful tips all round.