Thread: More evidence needed for residence visa?

Default More evidence needed for residence visa?

My English husband and I have been together for 5 1/2 years and have lived together for 4 1/2 years. He is in NZ on a temporary visa and we have just applied for a residence visa. I supplied the following evidence to immigration...

Tenancy documents from our previous houses with both our names on them since 2009
    Various utilities, payslips, insurances etc showing both our names at the same addresses over the years
    our marriage certificate
    our two (kiwi) childrens birth certificates
    joint credit card statements going back 4 years
    our joint mortgage statement
    various photos over the past 5 1/5 years of our travel over the world, photos of us with our kids (from pregnancy to current), our wedding etc

Obviously this is not enough as they have asked for the following:

A written chronology of your relationship, including:
    - How and when you met your partner and how your relationship developed
    - The date you started living together as a couple
    - List of addresses you have lived at together
    - Why you believe your relationship is likely to endure
    - Details of any instances of breaking up in your relationship and the reasons for this
    - Describe any future plans and goals
    - Do you share the same religion?
    - What are some common interests and activities you both share?

Certified copy of husbands divorce certificate from his previous marriage

Evidence that you have been living with your partner for 12 months or more, including:

- All bank statements in full from January 2013 to now for both you and your partner whether joint and/or individual and showing yours and your partner’s income and your household outgoings such as rent, insurance, power, telephone, groceries etc. The purpose of this request is to prove financial interdependence between you and your partner by showing how you work your finances together as a couple.

- Any insurance including house, contents, car or life insurance whether joint and/or individual

- Utility bills such as power, telephone and water bills for the place where you and your partner live together.

- Any joint assets or loans.

- Letters of support which acknowledge and confirm your relationship from yours and your partner’s family and friends.

- Any mail to you and your partner at the same address whether joint and/or individual

- Any wills

- Any other evidence to prove that you and your partner are currently living together in a genuine and stable relationship and have done so for the past 12 months or more.

Was what I sent REALLY not enough? I'm happy to resend what they want, but kind of feel that I have already most of this information already? Does being married with children and living together for over 4 years really not evidence that we are in fact a genuine couple?

Just a bit confused!

They have specifically asked for some evidence since Jan 2013. Just guessing but has your OH been in NZ away from you since January?

If so they might be looking for evidence the relationship is still ongoing because you have been apart for a while.

Simon

I sent them a letter stating any time apart with explantions ie work commitments in various countries etc. Plus I have already sent them bank statements/credit card info for some of this year plus lease documents from january this year and mortage/loans and joint insurances etc from this year as well.

Just seems like I need to resend them a lot of the same information. I'm happy to do it but it just delays things further as getting bank paperwork out of the uk takes over a month!

Does being married with children and living together for over 4 years really not evidence that we are in fact a genuine couple?
    Not necessarily, no. INZ don't give any particular weight to marriage, instead defining partnership as a live-in relationship, which is what they look to you to prove. They look particularly at the relationship over the last 12 months, and that it is ongoing.

This isn't a personal attack - there are people on the forum who have been married for forty years and have children and grandchildren together, who have STILL had to supply similar proof. Because partner-sponsored visas require the least proof, they are the prime targets for fraudsters paying NZers to lie to get them a visa, so INZ scrutinize them very thoroughly. You know you are honest, but INZ can't take anything on trust from anyone.