Thread: shipping companies?

Default shipping companies?

hi there could anyone recommed a good shipping company and i dont know what to do for the best, i was thinking of hardly bringing anything just personal things so would fit in a few boxes do shipping companys do that and just ship afew boxes or do i have to get a container if so how much am i looking at? and how big are they because if i have to get a container i may aswell take lots with us, what does everyone else think i should do?

thankyou for looking

Lot info on this thread - a bit old but probably still relevant
    http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31309

Simon

I used Allied Pickfords from the US and was happy with them. Since you have the same company in the UK you should take a look.

When I moved back to the US from NZ I used Grace. Not so happy. Allied likes to sell the fact that they use one container for the whole move, and I think that's best. With my Grace move my stuff was transferred no less than four times. From the first truck to the container in Auckland, from the container to a train or truck at LA, from the train to a truck in Chicago, and from a truck to my house at the end. I didn't realize that would happen when I hired Grace. It's something to ask about.

If you only have a few boxes you can get groupage which means your stuff will be put with other peoples until a container is full, this could take time depending on how quickly other people come along with boxes to fill the container. Most shipping companies do this just give someone a call to ask for details.

also way up the cost of replacing everything you need here things are not always as good quality or cheap

I am with Janey on this one we did a reccie pre moving and checked out replacement costs and quality and found both lacking. We brought everything with us in a 40 foot container cost us £6000 UK to Tauranga and replacement costs would have been considerably more and the quality certainly not as good.