Thread: Interview invitation sept 2013 - Shanghai INZ

Default Interview invitation sept 2013 - Shanghai INZ

Hi All,

First of all, I would like to thank this forum and the contributor for sharing information it is really useful and entertaining.

Recently I received email from my CO saying I have been arranged phone for Interview in mid september. I was so excited and also nervous.

we are couple from Singapore.

The CO mentioned they will call to landline but unfortunately we do not have landline as we never apply for one. Both of us are working and we did not find having landline phone is useful.

any one of you have experience interview using mobile phone and encounter problem?
    Last edited by andrewcsa; 4th September 2013 at 10:42 PM.

INZ certainly seem to prefer to call a landline if possible, so I guess they must have had problems with the connection going down over mobiles. Is it possible you could arrange to borrow a room in your office, or someone else's home, to be in private where there is a landline phone for the interview?

it is better to take the interview by landline. the voice will be clear and connection will be more stable. good luck. do you mind sharing your timeline, please?

@JandM
    I've sent email to the CO informing that I do not have landline and only mobile is available. I don't think I can use my office line as my spouse and I are working in the different office and most of us in Singapore seldom having residential (landline) phone not only it incurred cost but mobile phone is really affordable. I will update if there is a feedback from the CO.

@gjmfl
    I will compile my timeline soon. All the best for your application and wow your total points is 165 that is really high.

Yes they prefer landline but you can arrange with your CO that you only have your mobilephones. If CO is ok. With it then your good to go. I know some members who had their interview vial mobile since there'. No other means for communicating. Goodluck

great to hear that Andrew! All the best for your interview.

Can help to give me tips in which part i need to stress on so that i can get higher chances of getting Resident visa instead of WTR.

This is because I read some of the interview script, the answer given was excellent but still he was given WTR instead of resident.

Here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/43652.htm is the official line on what the interview is for - what the CO will be looking for.

With respect, your comment "the answer given was excellent" is a matter of judgement, and in this situation, it's the CO's judgement that counts. S/He has to look for an all-round preparedness. If s/he finds that, s/he will recommend Residence, but if there are lacks, the applicant will be offered the Skilled Migrant Category Job Search Visa (SMC JSV - it was renamed from WTR in November 2010).

Here http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27398 is an old thread with listings of interview questions, which may help you to prepare. There are also links to other collections of questions. It doesn't matter that these posts are quite old, since the areas covered by the COs remain the same. The only new factors we have heard of recently have been about the effect of the global downturn in the economy on the applicant's own career within NZ, and what the applicant's opinion is of the effect of immigration on NZ (which can be researched by Googling NZ news articles).

Hi Andrew, Yes they do prefer a land line, but in Singapore mobile phone connection should be very good. Make sure you are in area, where signals are good. They wouldn't know if the line is land or mobile as long as you both can understand each other. I had the same problem, and just gave her mobile phone, and we talked for 1 hour without any issues.

The only thing you need to worry about, that calls automatically get disconnected at 59:59, so that;s why ideal would be land line. Then its your luck if the interview is over an hour, you phone will be disconnected.

Good Luck and wish you all the best.