Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMC Application with Job Offer: Some documents not provided

Default SMC Application with Job Offer: Some documents not provided

Hi,

I am posting on behalf of my partner as Principal Sponsor. He got a job offer prior to the schedule of the interview and so he submitted the contract and letter of appointment to CO. After 2 weeks, CO has responded that she needs more documents (such as financial reports, PAYE list, etc..) before she can enable the processing of our SMC application. My partner has requested those documents from the employer but insisted not to provide for the reason that the information needed is competitively sensitive and will not be released to any office. The employer is willing to have a conversation with INZ Immigration, thus my partner gave the contact details of the CO. He also informed the CO about the response from the employer and gave the contact details of the employer as well for further verification. Since then, we haven't heard from the CO yet for about 4 days. We are now tempted to follow-up the status of our SMC application because it's already one month after the job offer.
    We would like to hear some insights before we decide to hit the "Reply" button to our CO as we are hesitant to follow-up at this moment.

Thanks in advance.

It is not unusual for INZ to ask for evidence from companies who are hiring staff to ensure the job offer is genuine and is for stable long term employment. There are regularly examples in the media of applicants 'buying' a job to get a visa, so INZ are vigilant to make this scam fail. While the CO may talk to the employer, I expect they would require documentation from the employer.

I would not be too concerned with this process taking a few weeks, but it is always good to keep in touch with you CO so if you have not heard anything in the next few days, you could contact the CO.

Thanks eternalkiwi. My partner did follow-up our CO and thankfully he got a response. The CO advised that the employer can forward the documents directly to INZ office instead of sending to us and then we send to their office. We also requested the CO if she can contact directly the employer and talk about the required documents. We hope she would do so.

Hi,
    My partner's prospective employer is not willing to send the documents offshore. He requested if he can talk to someone from INZ New Zealand office but it's not possible to transfer the case from Shanghai branch to NZ branch per our CO response. So now we are waiting what would be the decision to our case. We have suggested to our CO to setup an interview with us inorder to process our application. We are waiting for her response.

...maybe you could ask the CO if there is someone at an INZ Branch in NZ who could receive the documents and pass them on to Shanghai, if this would be acceptable to the employer. I get lots of employer documents sent from NZ to the UK without a problem. Good luck! Karen

Hi Karen,

The employer is not comfortable with the setup that someone from NZ will receive the documents and pass to Shanghai. Our CO has been informed and we are waiting for her next advise. What would be the possible outcome? Will the CO assess our application based on job offer even without those documents (which is the cause of our worry that it will be denied) or invite us again for interview?

Thanks.

.... I wonder what he employer's problem is? I can only assume it is something to do with sensitive intellectual property. Does the employer realise that the people in INZ Shanghai are working for INZ and many of them are kiwis. They are governed by NZ law so far as their work is concerned. Good luck with this!

Yeah, we are also puzzled. Now the CO is giving us a final chance to provide the documents before Oct1 and if not she will assess the application with whatever documents they have. Since we were invited for an interview last month and has been cancelled due to job offer, we have suggested to the CO to proceed with the settlement interview. Crossing our fingers that this will be settled since our application has been open for a long time.

Is it worth asking the employer if s/he would be happy to send it to a Kiwi at INZ Shanghai - I have a contact.

I don't think so coz it sounds that the employer is not willing that the documents will be sent offshore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast