Thread: official transcripts - from uni or from me?

Question official transcripts - from uni or from me?

Quick question on official transcripts.

Do they have to come straight from the university to NZQA or if I have one, can it come from me?
    Reason I ask is that, at least in the US, if you are apply for grad school, they only accept official transcripts directly from previous universities, not from the student.
    All the documentation I could find just spoke to original vs. certified copy, nothing as to whom supplied the documents.

If it's in a sealed envelope you can forward to NZQS. If you've opened the envelope, you need to get another one. I tend to order mine in batches, and keep one open one on hand for my own reference.

Good to know.

I guess I'll be ordering a few more.

thanks

Ours came from the university to us and we sent them with all the other documents for our NZQA application.
    To be honest some just looked like photocopied documents and not very official looking and no sealed envelopes from UK universities! The transcript for my French course was actually printed from an official French site (then translated). NZQA seemed happy with all this and our qualifications were appropriately recognised.

I think I'll just err on the side of caution, order some extras and send them off without opening the envelopes. Good to know that that there is some flexibility though.