Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dont panic!

Default Dont panic!

What do you mean don't panic? We have one more day till the packers arrive then the following day a dirty great big shipping container. Not sure what I am supposed to be remembering any more, all the planning gone out the window.

1st basic: Defend with your life the things they MUSTN'T pack.

2nd basic: Make sure they pack what MAF will want to look at together, and in the minimum number of packages, clearly labelled.

Don't worry - it'll flow over you. It'll all be the same in a week's time!

Its funny the number of things I have read about peoples passports getting packed etc, we however don't need to worry about that we still don't have them back from the visa people in London. hehe

Exactly right, no need to panic at all. It's just like moving down the road except it takes a bit longer. The packers do this every single day, it's just another job to them. It will be all over before you know it and it all adds a bit of interest to life.

Hope all goes well.

One of the worst 'packed by accident' things we've heard about was somebody's bin-bag of rubbish, which we gathered was really lovely to meet again after it had crossed the equator in a container!

Yes and i got my bag of rubbish in our container too thankfully it was only a carrier bags worth. Get them to pack the MAF stuff last if they can so that they can be offloaded and sent on their way first when it arrives. Dont leave the dog or cat hanging around or they will pack them too.....mine was in a box, jokingly of course but they are fast so as been said before put the things your taking with you on the plane and to get you through your initial weeks until your container arrives somewhere behind closed doors if possible and put a note on the door..........DO NOT PACK...... I put our stuff in the big sliding wardrobes. Am sure things will go smoothly..........good luck and welcome to the second part of your roller coaster ride :-)

No need to panic... It will be worth it and it actually brought a tear to our eyes as it was proof it was really happening!!

They packed our empty hand luggage bags by mistake but it was no worry we just went out and bought more. Have heard worse things to be packed so don't panic, go with the flow and keep separate what you need away from them hee hee

Quote Originally Posted by jimmytsausage View Post
    Its funny the number of things I have read about peoples passports getting packed etc, we however don't need to worry about that we still don't have them back from the visa people in London. hehe
    Yeah, we're waiting for ours too, though our pack day is about 2 weeks away yet!
    Good luck, hope it goes well if not always to plan and that no rubbish bags are packed ...there's something I hadn't thought about!!!

have a look at one of my old threads for an idea into what the packers get up to

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....663&highlight=

I think I mentioned on another thread around the time that even they have to be careful for themselves what they packed as they managed to pack their van keys into one of the boxes and had to get the train home that night and came back with the spare the next day. I dont think we ever did find out what happened to the key as they did not have the time to unpack everything and I cannot remember finding it this end

I did hear a story about a cat which was sleeping in a wardrobe which got export wrapped. Fortunately it meowed and clawed its way out. Post-it notes on things not to be packed help, and just telling them things which don't need to be packed. I put stuff in the bathroom and left things such as suitcases in a big pile and said don't pack that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast