Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving to NZ

Default Moving to NZ

With all the talk of the good and bad in NZ, I think it all boils down to 1 question.
    Would you do it again? With all the ups and downs that come along with it, was it worth it in the end. Why or why not.

Yes, we would do it again. It is a great adventure, we have met some very interesting people, seen some beautiful places and the weather is soooo much better in NZ than in the UK. (I know others don't agree, that is what we think though). Definitely worth it.
    But.... you have to know what you are doing. It is a long way from other places, travel outside NZ is very expensive and relocating to NZ is very expensive just because of its location. We would not have moved to NZ without a job offer. Other people have and been very successful, from a personal point of view we wouldn't have done that. It just depends on your job and how easy it would be to find a position.

All the best.

... even though I am now back in the UK, I would definitely do it again. I loved New Zealand and still consider it my home. I confess to having gone wild when the top threes place in the Burghley Horse trials went to Kiwis at the weekend. Every country has its problems, but NZ felt safe, friendly, beautiful and a fabulous place to live. Karen

Best move we made even with all the trials and tribulations we wouldn't go back to the UK ..... so yes we would do it again

Very interesting question...hope more people will reply!

Yup.

Without hesitation, would of done it a lot sooner - things happen at that time for a reason!!

Surprise, surprise, I would not. Because it really isn't me, and because I think we have given up too much in return for not a whole lot. And had I known just how stuck I'd feel, I would not have agreed to this in this form (selling up in the UK, for example).

Now I am not crying into my beer every evening about this, I have a busy everyday life and hardly the time to greatly ponder this a lot. I am also reasonably happy at the moment with my sons' schooling, which is a first (in any country), and if anything similar were doable for my daughters when their secondary school times come, I might have to rethink my desire to move back tomorrow and might have to postpone till the day after tomorrow. It is this particular school that works well for my sons, btw, this is not indicative of my feelings towards the NZ education system as a whole. Just sayin'.

But I know that I will go back. I have a pretty good idea of what I like and where my interests lie and what NZ's strengths are and they don't match.

Daniela

I'd do it again. It's hard being so far from loved ones but, for us, the benefits of the life we have here balance it.

Yes we would do it again.
    We are happy here, financially better off and have no intention of going back to the UK.
    Yes NZ has its problems.........where on this planet doesn't?!.........but we all love our life here and we have settled down extremely well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast