Thread: Parent Category Visa

Default Parent Category Visa

Sorry, for this question might have been posted before. But i wanted to query this due to conflicting information.

My brother is a NZ Citizen & his partner is currently holding returning residence visa.
    He is planning to sponsor our parents for NZ residency.

INZ site details Tier-1 & Tier-2 set of procedures for parent category and indicates lengthy wait time for the same.

However, another person told us that in our case ( as my brother is Citizen & his Wife a resident ), they can directly apply for parents PR and do not need to go through the EOI route for parents.

Is this true? is there any other route for parents apart from ones described in INZ site.

Appreciate all inputs.

I believe that your parents have to go via the EOI / ITA route as on the Immigration website.

We are in the middle of the process at the moment trying to sponsor my Dad ... just going through the wrangle of Medical Assessor referrals, and additional tests

Thanks Lucy.
    What is the time taken for your application so far (EOI, ITA etc ) from the day your Dad's EOI was submitted.

Just curious to know!

The INZ website tells the story - that's the route for everyone's parents.

Thanks. Even i believe so, INZ site says it all.
    However, the person who gave us this other info, says they had it from one of the INZ branches in NZ. strange !

thanks for all your inputs.

..maybe the other person asked before the regulations changed in May last year??? If your parents can meet the tier 1 criteria and get their EOI in before 15 November, they stand a good chance of having it selected on that date (so far all EOIs for Tier 1 have been selected). If they are hoping to go as Tier 2 applicants, it could be a very long time - none have been selected yet. Once selected, their EOI will be checked out (this is probably going to take until the New Year because of the timing and summer in NZ/Christmas etc and the need to send everything back from NZ to your local office. So, let's say ITA in mid January. Then they will have to have medicals, get police checks, accumulate partnership evidence. They could have this ready in advance of course) and they could be ready to submit application in early February. Then it all depends on how fit and healthy they are, any complications, but, fingers crossed, they could get their visas by end May 2014 or a little later. I guess that's not too bad in the greater scheme of things. Hope that helps! Good luck! Karen

Hi
    We sent our EOI off Sept 2012 under the Parents Tier1 route, being sponsored by our daughter (permanent resident) and her husband (NZ citizen). We were picked from the draw in Nov 2012 and received our ITA in February 2013. We sent all our documents off at the end of March (medicals, police checks etc). We got assigned a Case Officer middle of April, but my medical was referred to the Medical assessor because of a heart murmur as a child and I had to have extra tests done.
    We got approved on the 21st May 2013 and have just had our visa's put into passports. Need to sell house now and we will be on our way. So in all from start to finish it has taken just under 8 months.

Sponsoring Dad under Tier 1...

EOI submitted Sept 2012
    ITA received mid Dec 2012
    ITA returned 3rd April 2013
    Had email from Case Officer 23rd July 2013, requesting more medical tests.
    21st August 2013: Emailed Immigration the additional medical test results
    7th Sept 2013: Letter from MA - they want MORE medical tests done

EOI is require....

Thanks for the inputs folks.Really appreciate it!