Thread: Can anyone help, our dream is falling apart.

Exclamation Can anyone help, our dream is falling apart.

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and have been reading some of the old posts on here but cant find anything like the current mess we are in.
    I'm currently in the UK with our 2 children. My husband is in NZ. We had both been thinking of immigrating for sometime, hubby has an auntie and uncle in Queenstown. We went to a seminar last March to see if it was possible for us to do so. I only work part time in a local store and hubby is a mortgage/insurance broker. We meet with the emigration group and were told we could claim 110 points if he could find a job and we could go for PR. So in April we flew to NZ to search for work. He was offered a position as an insurance broker whilst we were there so we came home and sent all the documents in. Only problem was that the job was a contractor based position. We were told by INZ that it should be ok and to submit the forms. We sent in EOI and it was selected at the end of May. We also put in for a temp work visa so he could get going quicker to start the job. It then came to light that they would not accept the job because it was not employed. They agreed to hang on and honour our file (medicals, police checks) until December so hubby could find a different job. Hubby flew back to NZ in June just with a holiday visa. He was then questioned at the airport when arriving by immigration as to why he had returned to NZ when his pr had technically been rejected. In the end they offered him a 3 month stay rather than 6 months and mine and the children's passports were flagged so that we would not be able to enter at all on a holiday visa.
    After some really difficult job searching he has now found a role in Christchurch at a bank as a mortgage advisor so we got all excited. We sent in the contract to INZ but have now been told that this wont do either. This role is being classed as a finance clerk which is only a ANZSCO 552211 level 4. The only thing they possibly said we could try is a temp work visa and if he could work his way up to becoming a bank manager then this would be ok as would be classed as a level 2. All the broker jobs he has looked at are contractor roles with a low basic and commission payments which INZ wont take. They told him to look for bank work and now when he finds something it still wont do.
    We really don't know what to do now, he is due to fly home at the end of this month.
    It has been a really tough 3 months being here without him and our children have struggled not seeing him. We never thought it would have turned out this way and don't know what to do now for the best.
    If anyone has any advise or suggestions I would be extremely grateful.
    Many thanks

Hi. You are having a rough time - my heart goes out to you. I guess you have looked at all the 2221xx jobs on ANZSCO. The other alternative is to take the plunge and go on an Essential Skills Work Visa with you on a Temp Partnership-based Work Visa and the children on student or visitor visas depending on their age. It is a gamble though. You may only get a year at first. You might get 2 years, but probably no longer. However, during this time, you might be ale to find something that would allow you to get SMC residence. If I can be of any help, send me a Private Message. I am a Licensed Immigration Adviser but I would not charge you for this advice. Good luck! Karen

It's a real tough time for you all. I hope it all works out for you.

Thank you Karen, that is very kind of you. I will send you a pm.

Thanks fern too