Thread: Resident visa to Permenant Resident conditions

Question Resident visa to Permenant Resident conditions

Hi All,

I have moved to NZ and now i am looking at the conditions to get PR in nz. I am clear with all the requirements on this page

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...quirements.htm

except for one which says:

"have met any conditions that your resident visa was subject to under section 49(1) of the Immigration Act,"

I have been looking at the mails sent to me by INZ and searching online what this section 49(1) condition is but not luck with it. Anyone know what sort of condition i have to met for section 49(1) is?

If no condition is printed on your visa, you don't have any condition! (It is most often people who had a job offer as part of their application who have a condition that they must take up this job within three months of arrival in NZ, then work in it for three months, after which they can get the condition removed.)

condition.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    If no condition is printed on your visa, you don't have any condition! (It is most often people who had a job offer as part of their application who have a condition that they must take up this job within three months of arrival in NZ, then work in it for three months, after which they can get the condition removed.)
    Hi JandM!

Attached here is the condition on my blue sticker. Could this be the section 49(1) condition that they are referring?

No, this is an absolutely standard Residence visa, WITHOUT Section 49(1) conditions. So there is nothing there to stop you going for PR when you have met the ordinary requirements.

Initial stay subject to grant of entry permission = this means you had to show your passport to Immigration at the airport when you arrived.

Visa is invalid if holder is outside NZ with expired travel conditions = this means, two years after your Residence was activated, the travel conditions (the permission to come and go freely) run out, and IF you were not in NZ at that time, you would not have a valid visa to get back in. However, as long as you have got your PR before leaving, after the two years' travel conditions run out, the PR gives you permission to come and go whenever you like, permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    No, this is an absolutely standard Residence visa, WITHOUT Section 49(1) conditions. So there is nothing there to stop you going for PR when you have met the ordinary requirements.

Initial stay subject to grant of entry permission = this means you had to show your passport to Immigration at the airport when you arrived.

Visa is invalid if holder is outside NZ with expired travel conditions = this means, two years after your Residence was activated, the travel conditions (the permission to come and go freely) run out, and IF you were not in NZ at that time, you would not have a valid visa to get back in. However, as long as you have got your PR before leaving, after the two years' travel conditions run out, the PR gives you permission to come and go whenever you like, permanently.
    Nice! That clears all my doubt now. Thanks JandM again!

p/s: So far i'm loving it here in Auckland

So far i'm loving it here in Auckland