hello,
I've seen that there are some really useful conversations going on. so maybe there is anyone who can give me advice as well.

I am Austrian and am in Auckland on a visitor visa right now visiting my German boyfriend/partner.
He has been working here since December 2012, he got a permanent job at the University as a lecturer. but he hasn't applied for residency yet.
Now I want to apply for a partnership-based temporary work visa to be allowed to stay here for a year and work.
then, after a few months, I could apply for a different visa.

the problem is that it is really difficult to proof our relationship.
I am from Austria and lived in Vienna when we met and he is German and lived in Berlin. So, we basically never lived together.
We met at the end of October 2012, which is less than a year and had a long-distance relationship since.
I still have proof of flight tickets when he came to Vienna in October, November and Mai to see me.
Also, I travelled to NZL in March 2013 to see him. but, for example, our parents have never met, apart from skype chats.

we also have some pictures of us, support letters and just opened a bank account today.
I arrived in NZ on 5 Sept and have 2 letters with my name and our joint address.
also, I will receive the NZQA results in about 2 weeks time, again with our joint address. we'll see if they give me a bachelor or masters for my studies at the University of Vienna (Magister of Science, teaching degree)

so now my questions:
  • what other proof of relationship might help to get that visa? any ideas and tipps are welcome!
  • do you think a copy of our skype and facebook history helps? (but that is in German)
  • do you see any chance that we get that visa with such little proof?
  • how long does it usually take immigration to process the application?
  • and should I stay close to Auckland during that time in case they have questions?
  • is it generally hard to get this partnership visa, even if it is for just one year?

I really hope that you can give me some ideas how to proof our short but stable and intense relationship as we are very happy together and would love to stay here few more years.

many thanks,
Magda