Thread: Finding the Right ANZCSO Code

Default Finding the Right ANZCSO Code

Hi,

I am about to start applying for a Skilled Migrant Visa but am not 100% confident which ANZSCO code i should go for. My job, including the job i have an offer for, my work experience and my degree are all in analytical fields. In a nutshell they all follow a common theme of writing code to extract data, analysing that data and then making savings or improvements as a result of the findings.

The code which i think would be the best match is 224411 Intelligence Officer. I think i match 4 out of the 10 of the tasks for that unit, but when i look at it again, i start to think it would only be applicable to someone in the police force, security services or army.

My second choice would be 224711 Management Consultant which is described as 'Assists organisations to achieve greater efficiency and solve organisational problems' which i certainly do and I match 3 out of the 10 of the tasks for that unit. But on second thoughts it seems like it's a job description for a management consultant.

I am just not entirely happy either is a good enough fit and don't want to waste my time and money if my application will be declined. Has anyone have any experience with getting a visa in this area?

Hi. Lots of people fail to match an exact ANZSCO code and there are a few "not elsewhere classified" categories. There is usually a way round it. What is your current job title and what is the title of the job you have been offered? Cheers. Karen

Thanks for the response Karen.

I am a 'Performance Reporting Analyst' within a contact centre. The main aim of my role being to create reports to help us see how to use our resources more efficiently, thus reducing costs. The job offer is for the same role. The role itself is a newly created role and will evolve over time and so the job description is quite broad at the moment, which i think will be useful to my application.

Hi. I would go with the 224711 Management Consultant role if I were you - I agree that the other one sounds a bit law enforcement If there is any concern about this code, INZ will discuss it with you and help you decide where they think you fit. If you like I will send a copy of the job description to INZ and ask them. Once you have made 5 posts you will be able to send Private Messages. If you do this you can include your email address or I will reply with mine. (NB Although I am a LIA I am not charging for this service). Cheers Karen

Thanks Karen, that is very kind of you. I'll send you a PM

Hi Karen,

I'm in the same situation right now, my role is "risk analyst" but job description seems to fit intelligence officer, though I will be working for a company. Believe that the words "commercial operations" under anzsco 2244 would satisfy work carried in companies rather Than government. Would appreciate your inputs.

Hi All,

Just called immigration and for those who are not 100% sure about what anzsco code to use.You may leave it blank rather than putting the best guess.

but ANZSCO code is a mandatory item for your EOI, so you are forced to choose something. Using a "NEC xxx999" code is an option if you really cant find anything that is a substantsial match to you job offer/current employment