Thread: Need help to write support letters from parents for residencey

Question Need help to write support letters from parents for residencey

Hi friends,

I applied residency few weeks ago,but now CO asking some more proves of relationships so he written to me that information specially he needs Support letter regarding our relationship from my parent’s. If necessary English translations will need to be provided by authorized English translation service and A chronology of our relationship signed and dated by me and sponsor which details (dates and places)how, when and where you met, how our relationship developed, when we began living together and what are our immediate and future plans as a couple and family,and Police certificate for sponsors from sponsors country.

My questions are
    1) What should be written in support letter from my parents exactly?

2) Because my parents unknown from English, so do they need to write in their own language or is it OK to type in English and they singed it ?

3) What can we write in chronology of our relationship letter?

Please reply.I shall be very thankful to you.
    Last edited by immihelp; 19th September 2013 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by immihelp View Post
    My questions are
    1) What should be written in support letter from my parents exactly?
    When my son was going through this, I, and a family friend, wrote letters about when we first met his by then wife (a NZer), things we knew about her (proving that we really knew her as a person), occasions she'd joined in with as a member of the family - both letters entirely chatty and personal, giving circumstantial evidence of our being real people who really knew her - and her father and a family friend in NZ did the same about my son.

2) Because my parents unknown from English, so do they need to write in their own language or is it OK to type in English and they singed it ?
    Your parents should write in their own language, and it must be translated afterwards by someone who is nothing to do with your family. See the INZ instructions here. http://glossary.immigration.govt.nz/...anslations.htm

3) What can we write in chronology of our relationship letter?
    This is just asking you to tell the story of your relationship in your own words. So somebody could start off, for instance, as 'I first met Jane, who is now my wife, when we joined the same course at the University of Anytown in September, 1992. We soon realized that we both went to the same music concerts around town, and also belonged to the rock climbing club and astronomical society, so with these mutual interests as well as our IT course, it was convenient and pleasant to go together. We got to know one another better, and started to spend more of our spare time together as well as studying side by side. For the second year of our course, as we had realized we were comfortable as a couple, we decided to house share...' and so on and so on. You just tell the way you met, a few of the things that first made you think you could set up a life with this person, where you first set up home together, where you moved and worked then, if you then had a first child, etc., etc.. It will be different for each couple.

Did you apply after 12 months of living together or before that?? how many letter you provided when u submitted ur application first??

Thank you so much JandM

Because my father is in India but my mom is in new Zealand on visitor visa. so can my father submit it through email after translation from India and after their sign on that or it would be good idea to get it in email after signed by my father without translation and translate it in new Zealand through an approved agency.please guide me.

Quote Originally Posted by arunsharma View Post
    Did you apply after 12 months of living together or before that?? how many letter you provided when u submitted ur application first??
    applied after 12 months and i provided two support letters with application(one from brother-in-law and one from my neighbor)

thnx

We went through this when we applied for residency for my husband, I sponsored him. We had our parents, brothers and close friends write letters. The letters all told the same story but in each persons own words about how long they knew us, how me and my husband met, when we started going out, got married etc. Some of our friend had their letters signed by a justice of peace, but not all of them. I think we had about 5 letters in the end.
    We applied before we lived together for 12 months, I think it was about 8/9 months but my husband only got his visa when we were together about 18 months as it took so long for the visa to come through.

I think, have your father sign his original language version, then get it translated afterwards. The translator's signature is his/guarantee that he has done a true translation. But I think you will find INZ want to see the original, that is, the paper that your father actually wrote. So maybe get him to scan and email, but ALSO post the letter so you can send in the real thing, too.

it may sound daft but do the letters from friends and family have to be hand written. or is a typed version ok as long as its signed ?

thanks in advance

Typed is fine as long as it's signed in person (so they can see the actual signature on the page).