Thread: eoi mistake

Unhappy eoi mistake

hi guys,i got 165 points with job offer ,received ITA sep13 2013 ,

But i made mistake in my eoi, i am completing my one year as a chef by next month because 2 months i was in kitchen hand contract but i mentioned as a chef in EOI and i got one year work experience in nz ,when i went to my previous work place to get letter they were saying that u r on kichen hand contract for 2 months,so now im not getting one year experience points in nz ,I called the immigration and told that this is a mistake i done ,and immigration said that just send a cover letter to immigration while lodging ur residence application

but im completing my one year as chef by next month ,im so worried abt this now,im lodging my residence application on november

guys plzz give me some advice

Hi. So by the time you lodge your application you will have one year as a chef. Therefore you won't lose points. However, you do need to mention to INZ that you made a mistake on your EOI - make the changes and record them in the special section of the SMC form. Make it clear that this was an honest error because you misunderstood or whatever. Losing he points is not a major as you have 65 more than you need. More importantly, you need to make t very clear to INZ that this was a genuine mistake and not an attempt to deceive. Cheers. Karen

hi karen ,thank u so much for ur advice...