Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temporary Essential Skills Work Visa - INZ 1113?

Default Temporary Essential Skills Work Visa - INZ 1113?

We are living in The Netherlands and want to move to New Zealand. I work in IT and have a job offer from an accredited employer in New Zealand.
    They say I have to apply for a "Essential Skills Temporary Work Visa", I have to complete form INZ1015 for that. The checklist on the form states that I also have to submit an INZ1113 form (Employer Supplementary Form), filled in by the employer. However, the employers says that the proof of being an accredited employer is enough.
    So, I am confused now. Have these rules changed recently, perhaps the NZ employer doesn't know that? Or, are they right, and don't I have to submit INZ1113? Please help me.

Hi. If you employer is Accredited you could get a Work to Residence (Talent) Visa under WR1: Accredited Employers. This is a 30 month visa and allows you to apply directly for residence after 2 years. You don't have to go through the SMC route. If you are earning $90,000 a year or higher you can apply straight for Permanent Residence and cut out the two years on a resident Visa as well. The additional visa cost is £45 but in the end it saves money if/when you apply for residence. If you decide to just go for Essential Skills then you will need an INZ1113 - at least all my clients in this position have had to provide one in the past even if the employer was accredited. Hope this helps. Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Phillips View Post
    Hi. If you employer is Accredited you could get a Work to Residence (Talent) Visa under WR1: Accredited Employers. This is a 30 month visa and allows you to apply directly for residence after 2 years. You don't have to go through the SMC route. If you are earning $90,000 a year or higher you can apply straight for Permanent Residence and cut out the two years on a resident Visa as well. The additional visa cost is £45 but in the end it saves money if/when you apply for residence. If you decide to just go for Essential Skills then you will need an INZ1113 - at least all my clients in this position have had to provide one in the past even if the employer was accredited. Hope this helps. Karen
    Thanks for your advice. I also saw the WR1: Accredited Employer Visa, but my new employer told they don't have much experience with that Visa and that SMC should be enough.
    I will earn $90k or more, how can I apply directly for PR? Do I have to apply for WR1: Accredited Employer and apply directly for PR? Or do I have to apply for a different Visa? I did not read that anywhere, perhaps can you provide me with a page on the website of Immigration NZ?
    Applying for PR in SMC would take up to 12 months, we don't want to wait that long. Temporary Visa should only take up to 25 working days.

Thanks again!

Hi. The Work to residence Visa is just as easy and quick to get as an Essential Skills Visa. You just need a coy of your employer's certificate of accreditation in your application. This is still a temporary visa. At the end of it you apply directly for residence and if you can prove your salary meets the requirement and you ask, you can be granted Permanent residence after 24 months. You don't have to lodge and EOI or wait to be Invited to Apply. I have a one page comparison of the different work visas that I would be happy to send you. You would need to send me a Private message to give me your email address. To get a Work to Residence Visa you use the same INZ1015, you just tick a different box on the checklist page. If you can't send a Private Message it's because you haven't posted 5 posts yet. Cheers.

Thanks, this is my forth message....

Okay - so just keep talking to me and you should be okay. Actually I am just popping out for half an hour but I promise to send you the info. Where in NZ is the job?

And this the fifth. I will send you the PM. I will then apply for a work to residence Visa. I already noticed that the same form could be used. Are there any other differences? Is the only difference that the job offer should be from an accredited employer, I have to earn 55k or more and the job offer should be for more than 24 months, right? The job offer is permanent, without an end date, so that should be enough. The job offer is in Wellington.
    Thanks again for the fast replies, you are really helping us.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Phillips View Post
    Okay - so just keep talking to me and you should be okay. Actually I am just popping out for half an hour but I promise to send you the info. Where in NZ is the job?
    Great, no problem. With 5 posts still not able to send PM.

All sounds good to me. I will await your message and then flick through the comparison.

Alright, still an error when trying to send a PM. I have completed the contact form on your website...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast