Thread: Experience as a Carpenter

Default Experience as a Carpenter

HI,

I recently submitted my EOI under skilled migration as a Carpenter, which was rejected as I had only claimed for 2 years experience as that was what I had references for. The minimum requirement is 3, I have been working here in Queenstown for about 5 months now and in December I will have the 3 years required. I was wondering if the 3 months I did labouring a few years ago will count as valid experience as I was doing more or less the same job but not being paid the same for it? there reference stats my position as site operative. I'm not sure if it will be ok to apply now or safer to wait till DEC when I'm sure.

safer to wait till DEC when I'm sure.
    Yes.

I think you know this really. If you tried to use this old job as part of your three years, you run the risk that INZ will find out that you were being a labourer, NOT a skilled carpenter, reject your EOI, and waste even more of your money. And if they think you tried to mislead them deliberately, this is a black mark against any later application, which might be completely above board.