Thread: Skilled migrant category or Residence from work

Default Skilled migrant category or Residence from work

Hi all,

I am currently living in Auckland on Work To Residence Visa(Long term skills shortage) from last 10 months. I am in state of confusion whether to wait for 1 more year and file Residence from work or to lodge a separate application in Skilled Migrant Category.
    I have done initial analysis
    1) Lots of documentation involved in Skilled migrant Category( I got 220 points so getting invitation is not major issue) Where as if I wait for one more years to file residence from work, rules might change as the immigration rules is like living organism constantly changing.
    2) The application fee for skilled migrant category is 3 times costlier than Residence from work(Though fee is not a concern for me)

Your expert advice is needed in choosing which is better to go for.

Thanks

Please note, nobody who isn't a Licensed Immigration Adviser is allowed to give you this sort of advice, or they will fall foul of NZ law.

But maybe there is someone reading this who was in the same situation, and can tell you what came of their decision.

I think your analysis of the possibilities is correct - there are advantages and disadvantages to both courses you might take.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Please note, nobody who isn't a Licensed Immigration Adviser is allowed to give you this sort of advice, or they will fall foul of NZ law.

But maybe there is someone reading this who was in the same situation, and can tell you what came of their decision.

I think your analysis of the possibilities is correct - there are advantages and disadvantages to both courses you might take.

Has this been moved forward? I am on the same boat

chintupawan has not been on the forum since making that post, so may not see your question.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    chintupawan has not been on the forum since making that post, so may not see your question.
    thanks @JandM