Thread: Does Work Experience meanwhile study count by INZ ?

Exclamation Does Work Experience meanwhile study count by INZ ?

I plan to Submit EOI under ICT category and I need to proof at least 3 years of relevant working experience as it is listed on LTSSL
    My work Experiences are scattered in different format, can you help me which of them are going to count:
    1- Working Part-Time 4 years (2004-2008) same time with my BSc. I graduated as Bachelor of Computer Science by 2008
    2- 2008-2009 Fulltime, few month overlap with my last semester of BSc Study.
    3- 2010-2011 was employed by company, but I was overseas for my Master Degree.. (My task: Remote Support, Marketing Reasearch, Report)
    4- 5 month Part time Web developer in Malaysia- during my Master Study - overlap with number 3 work experience-No work Visa
    5- 5 month Freelance web developer in Malaysia- no work visa -

should I mention No 4,5 .. I got Paid but I did not have right to work that time.. If I change title to Volunteer Project Does it count as work Experience?
    Does No.1 count as I was not graduated as BSc Computer Science yet?
    Does No 3 count as I was employed by company X in country X but was student overseas..
    For my main eperience No1,2,3 I have all contracts, job offer, receipt of payment, letter of work experience, timesheet per month

I just got my NZQA assessment Level 7 for BSC match with LTSSL and level 9 Master.. but now I'm worry about Work Exp that I need to proof minimum 3 years

I'm afraid quite a lot of this will not count as far as INZ is concerned. They only recognize work experience as skilled AFTER your qualification is gained (so, after graduation). Part-time work (for instance, while studying for another qualification) can be totted up to find what would be the equivalent full-time amount, BUT it won't be counted if you should have had a visa or authority to work, and didn't have it. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30571.htm

It looks as though some of (2) would count (the part after you graduated). And the part-time part of (3) might count, as long as you were in a 'comparable labour market', or your firm counts under SM11.10.1 b http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/30570.htm, and as long as you were legally entitled to do that work in that country while employed by them.