Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping from Malaysia to NZ

Default Shipping from Malaysia to NZ

Hi, anyone out there can recommend good movers to ship stuff from Malaysia to NZ? I've got a piano and lots of books to ship.
    I tried searching this forum but the old threads didn't give much info.
    Any help and advice will be most appreciated.

coco.

We considered moving our piano and other stuff over but decided against it due to the cost. Unless your piano has got great sentimental value to you, it might be more worthwhile to get a new one here in NZ.

We came here with whatever we could carry on flight as we had 140kg baggage allowance and 14 20kg boxes which we packed and sent via Post Malaysia at a cost of MYR98 pre 20kg box.

Did not use any shipping company. Sorry can't help in that area.

Where are you moving to? Auckland?

Amy

Hi, whats the baggage allowance for a residence visa?

I don't know about from Malaysia, but from Europe and the US, this varies depending on the airline.

Depending on the airlines but you can request for additional with no charge. We flew in with Thai Airways which normally gives 20kg. We requested and were given 30kg each. With 4 of us, thats a total of 120kg. At the airport, there is normally an allowance to go over by 5kg each. We max ours out.

Thanks for the tip, Amy! We're most likely going to move to Wellington. That's the plan for now.

Smile

Hi Coco,

I'm oso preparing my move from Malaysia, now still in dilemma whether to move or buy new in NZ for whiteware, kitchenware, sofa, mattress. Hope can hear more from here...

Hello fellow M'sians,

I'm from muar, but am working in singapore now.

If its ok to say, whereabout are you folks from and where are you heading? (hehe.. please be more specific coz i know its MY ---> NZ )

Just got selected from EOI pool this week, so it's gonna be awhile for me.

Nice 'meeting' you guys!

whiteware and kitchenware are competitively priced at places like K-Mart and Briscoes (only at sale periods).

Furniture is extremely expensive (and the bed I bought here proudly says "Made in Malaysia") but the high cost of shipping will probably negate whatever savings you make (my opinion, it's still good to check).

BTW the mattress sizes are different. What we know as Single/Queen/King back home are slightly larger here. You can Google measurements online, don't have it off my head now.

Quote Originally Posted by zemien View Post
    whiteware and kitchenware are competitively priced at places like K-Mart and Briscoes (only at sale periods).

Furniture is extremely expensive (and the bed I bought here proudly says "Made in Malaysia") but the high cost of shipping will probably negate whatever savings you make (my opinion, it's still good to check).

BTW the mattress sizes are different. What we know as Single/Queen/King back home are slightly larger here. You can Google measurements online, don't have it off my head now.
    Hi zemien,

Thanks for your advice, tat's wat i'm looking for , hope someone can help Coco with the piano and books shipping...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast