Thread: Visitor Visa for dependent child: Financial proof?

Default Visitor Visa for dependent child: Financial proof?

I am going to apply for a WTR: Accredited Employer visa. My wife is going to apply for a partner-based work Visa. In neither of those we can include our child, we have to submit a visitor Visa for her. One question is about the financial situation, question H1:

Are you using your own funds for your visit to New Zealand or are you being sponsored?

• Own funds – attach copies of evidence you have sufficient funds to support yourself and evidence you either have arranged travel out of New Zealand or have sufficient funds to do so.
    • Sponsored – attach completed sponsorship form.

Sponsoring is only allowed for residents or organisations. So, I would have to tick "Own funds" for her. However, she is 11 months, so no income yet And, the evidence about the sufficient funds of us is in the other application (job offer). In the foot note it says: "Funds must be in your own name."... She has no funds or income yet.

Do we still have to submit extra evidence about our financial situation? Or is a letter which tells about the situation (job offer of parent) enough?
    Last edited by boland; 29th September 2013 at 08:51 PM.

This is the trouble with having just ONE form that will be used by all kinds of people! Parents who have applied in their child's name may be along to tell you what they did.

Just reading the form and the guide, I think what I would do is to write a cover letter linking ALL the applications, so the official receiving the bundle knows that this is all one case, and in the 'own funds' space write, 'See cover letter - 11-month-old dependent child.'

Yeah, I read about linking all applications together with a cover letter. I think that should be enough.
    I read some other threads about dependent child visitor applications, but nothing about the financial question.

Hi. Just write "not applicable - see cover letter" on the H1 section of the NZ1017 form. In your cover letter, state that the minimum threshold for a work visa holder under Essential Skill is $35,019 and, as a WTR applicant your salary is $xxxxx.00 (I know it is more than this as the min is $55,000 for this visa type) therefore you are able to support your child. I have been through this loop with a number of clients without any problems. Cheers. Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Phillips View Post
    Hi. Just write "not applicable - see cover letter" on the H1 section of the NZ1017 form. In your cover letter, state that the minimum threshold for a work visa holder under Essential Skill is $35,019 and, as a WTR applicant your salary is $xxxxx.00 (I know it is more than this as the min is $55,000 for this visa type) therefore you are able to support your child. I have been through this loop with a number of clients without any problems. Cheers. Karen
    Alright, thanks!! Going to do that.